Free - members screwing other members

DIRTY DOG

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
NOT SURE IF THIS BELONGS HERE OR NOT BUT HERE IT IS I'M SO MAD THAT OTHER MEMBERS ON HERE THAT FUCK OTHER MEMBERS BY SELLING PARTS THAT ARE WRONG
BAD OR NOT WHAT THEY SAY THEY SAY THEY ARE; I'M not going to name names
thats just not me!! now over the past few years I have spent a lot of money on parts from other members and have sold a lot of parts on here too but I have been fucked hard in the last few months, frame with wrong title, stator for pma thas too big, and a few other parts too small to rember now what parts I do sell I tri to list every thing thats wrong or may or may not work, we are all in this tri'n to build and ride ventage bikes we don't need fucked over anymore that we get in life as it is.
I GESS WHAT I'M TRING TO SAY IS STAND UP AND BE A MAN AND SELL GOOD PARTS LET THE BUYER MAKE THE CHUICE TO BUY OR NOT DON'T MISS LEAD ANYONE AND STAND BEHIND WHAT YOU SELL, THIS IS NOT E-BAY THAT SHIT HAPPEN ON THERE ALL THE TIME LETS LEAVE IT THERE NOT ON HERE SORRY. I JUST NEED TO GET THAT OFF MY CHEST. DIRTY DOG OUT....:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I'm right there with you. I sold an almost forty year old part to a kid and he wasn't satisfied with the condition, despite it being exactly as I described. So I said hey, no problem and refunded his money back right away EVEN THOUGH INSTEAD OF ASKING ME TO DO THIS HE JUST OPENED A PAYPAL CLAIM AGAINST ME. So I emailed him and asked for the part back, and almost a year later still haven't gotten it back. I even refunded part of his shipping so he could send it back.

Give the offender a chance to correct the mistake, and if they don't, NAME NAMES. You will be doing the community a service in many ways, not just by outing the bad eggs, but also by scaring other potential scammers into doing the right thing.

I'm right there with you. I sold an almost forty year old part to a kid and he wasn't satisfied with the condition, despite it being exactly as I described. So I said hey, no problem and refunded his money back right away EVEN THOUGH INSTEAD OF ASKING ME TO DO THIS HE JUST OPENED A PAYPAL CLAIM AGAINST ME. So I emailed him and asked for the part back, and almost a year later still haven't gotten it back. I even refunded part of his shipping so he could send it back.
I do not like how Ebay has the claim process now. I unknowingly opened a claim against a seller by clicking the "contact the seller" button. It didn't used to do that, but does now if you are in the right screen. I am becoming less and less of a fan of the bay.

Give the offender a chance to correct the mistake, and if they don't, NAME NAMES. You will be doing the community a service in many ways, not just by outing the bad eggs, but also by scaring other potential scammers into doing the right thing.
I tend to agree with this. If you gave them a chance to rectify the problem and they don't do so within reason, call them out on it. If nothing else, you don't want anyone else to get screwed and you would hope that others would do the same as fair warning to you.

Sorry to hear about the bad luck.

WELL ON THE FRAME he told me he did not have it to repay me paypal refunded it still lost money on it I had to cert mail the title back next day cost me 28 bucks,the stator
I don't remember who it was I bought a lot of parts at the same time, and I just got the rotor/flywheel to find out it didn't fit anyway watch your back's and Thanks for backing me up.

fugget about it, I just throw any old crap in a box and ship it.
I hold my breath when some bobber builder says his stock parts are in "excellent" condition. They usually aren't. the bay, CL or here it don't make much difference. I think i have seen at least 2-300 blurry cell phone pictures of parts I am trying to buy. I have scarfed up some great parts too. Guy in Florida tore apart a restored 76 to build a bobber lots of freshly chromed parts, beautiful.

ebay complaints is a joke for o/seas buyers.by the time it arrives quite often your out of time to make a claim and some of the sellers realise it.at least on this site most members are honest and above board

yes most members are great and THANK YOU for that I'm just mad at the bad one's
I like most on here don't have a lot of extra money to spend so when we get screwed it takes longer to get our bikes done. i WANT TO SAY THANKS TO ALL THE GREAT SELLERS ON HERE

Mine was actually a transaction here on the board, but the guy opened a Paypal claim before talking to me about it. I refunded him directly and he kept the part anyway. Totally bogus.

I've had a lot solid trades, bought tons of parts and sold several. I however will not be doing business with user "xs650dreamer" again.

I sell a little something once in awhile. I have shipped before receiving pmt when they were in a hurry and didn't have paypal. So you trust them to send a good check or a money order. I have GIVEN away parts for free to lend a hand, asking for shipping costs only. Not one time have I ever gotten an on-line thank you, and this sh*t I no longer do. I have been burned too many times. I pay for stuff right now, and in the future it's 1st come with the money up front. The net is too full of duckwads who take advantage of everything they can get away with, while smiling openly like an old friend in the forums. I don't play anymore, and I might stop taking paypal from others to boot. They can wait for their check to clear or the money order to show up. There are those I'm sure of, like DirtyDog, and no problem. I try to help out the fellow biker, but my good will has been abused, so if I don't have a high opinion of someone, I don't care what they think.

I agree and disagree with everyone. Unfortunately we're going to run into the "bad apples" at some point or another. The best thing you can do is communicate, and be descriptive to hopefully save yourself a headache. But you definitely should name names! Believe it or not, I've actually run into full blown companies that are a bit shady. Be thorough, be specific, and be respectful. It'll help you, and everyone who's honest within the community out a lot!!

Lots of shady people on the boards. Some people live to fuck others. Been burned a few times my self. I have sold and bought a lot of things on a lot of forums including this one. I don't fuck people and am head up. People that do that are scum. Some times the buyers just expect to much, are never satisfied. ASK ??? BE SURE YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR GETTING. Communication goes a long way...

A few other sites I am on has a trader feedback section, rating number system. So everytime you do a transaction you leave them a pos-neutral-neg rating, if you were the seller or buyer. I know this one has a section but not the rating system that stays by your avatar/user name all the time..just a thought..

as been suggested before,a min num of posts before being able to sell similer to the lab to weed out those who only join to sell parts

Mine was actually a transaction here on the board, but the guy opened a Paypal claim before talking to me about it. I refunded him directly and he kept the part anyway. Totally bogus.

I've had a lot solid trades, bought tons of parts and sold several. I however will not be doing business with user "xs650dreamer" again.

He just jumped in line for the rotor puller, will we see it again?

http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35629

He's currently looking for more parts....just an FYI......No horror stories here...just good people....but I thought Id show this link just because of this thread.....

Last edited:
Back