Metric Bungs

FrkyMnky

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
Does anyone know where to get metric bungs? I know bung king sells some, but I don't want to simply buy an assortment. Also, why aren't metric bungs sold more? It seems pretty lazy to build a bike and go through all that trouble only to run standard bungs. After having a Jeep I do not want to have multiple fastener types on a vehicle if I can help it and it means more tools I will have to use to work on the bike.

Buy some standard ones and drill and tap with metric taps. Not sure I know of any places for metric bungs offhand. Might just be easier to makem

Saw a video on YouTube of a guy making his own bungs. Can't find it now. All you really need is some round steel stock, hack saw, drill press with a vice, and a tap.
The trick was putting the steel stock piece in the drill, then he lowered is down, clamped it down in the vice on the press, the released the drill chuck. That way he had the steel stock perfectly centered for his drill.

Ive got no problems making the bungs, its mainly the fact that they aren't sold anywhere and that most seem to be contempt with running std and metric instead of making the effort to run the same standard bolts. I also didn't know if I was overlooking a secret supply.

Livingdead, ill shoot you a pm when I get far enough along to know what sizes I need. I appreciate the offer.

Back