Mid sets ?

The Tin Man

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
What options are there for foot pegs and controls that look cool and work for a tracker build? I don't want rearsets my flexibility is reflected by my user name. I would like something that goes where the standard pegs goes , Are they what's known as mid sets?

Old Skool Speed offers a mid-set. They are similar to the rear sets but place the footpeg between the stock peg mount posts. I had a pair but sold them as I went a different direction. The biggest issue I found was that the kicker often times doesnt want to clear the brake lever once it has been relocated. Here is an old picture of them mounted on my bike.
78xs.jpg
Or you could just add some dirt bike style pegs. This is a cheap alternative that adds a different look without a lot of work.
PEGS2.jpg

What options are there for foot pegs and controls that look cool and work for a tracker build? I don't want rearsets my flexibility is reflected by my user name. I would like something that goes where the standard pegs goes , Are they what's known as mid sets?
I also had a set of OSS mid's on my '82 for awhile when my exhaust pipes went under the crankcase. Be aware that with a midset, you lose a lot (probably at least half) of the leverage that the longer stock 650 brake arm has. I quickly grew to dislike removing those exhaust pipes every time the oil needed changing, so went back to stock foot controls when I put a Delkevic exhaust system on.

Thanks Guys , its about ergonomics and looks , I think ill stay with the original position and sets for comfort and follow Willis s suggestion and use some dirt bike pegs, cheap and effective

I bought my dirt bike style pegs on eBay for about 20 bucks. They took a little grinding to fit but was pretty straight forward. I believe I read here somewhere that pegs from a Yamaha yz125 will fit too.

Back