Miesha: Build thread.

The coil from Mikes, I could never get to work. I hooked it up and thanks for PamcoPete's instructions I was paranoid to not hook up with just 1 plug. They were both resting on the cylinder head. When it wouldn't fire, I started working backwards from there, that's where I got the bad measurements.

Not sure if I can just get "store credit" or whatever from it - but if I can, I'll probably pick up another one of these Goldwing coils when I need one for the Smurfette bike. If Mikes sends a replacement I'll use that one.

Either way though - those Honda coils seem to run really well and are available at an affordable price. I didn't look at the odo but I think I did 25 miles or so on Saturday.

Lately I haven't been working on Miesha. I've just been ridin'er :-D

Attachments

• outforaride01.jpg
    outforaride01.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 247
  • outforaride02.jpg
    outforaride02.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 227
Hey Pete
Whats that seat you got on her?
Looks like a good fit for standard unmolested frame like mine.
Got any details or did it come with the bike.
Cheers.

Pete thanks for that. It looks like a neat job you have done but some modifications need doing
I hadnt got thru all your previous post yet but i will now.
Cheers!

Yep, your choices are pretty limited if you don't want to mess with the frame at all. I can only thing of A: A seat from a Standard, B: A seat from a Special, or C: That "Cafe" style seat that MikesXS sells.

Or a fiberglass seat... Mine fit without changing the frame. Had to beat hell out of the rear fender though.

Center Stand: I ran without it for a while, and I felt like putting it back on this weekend - so I did.

The bike had a 2-1 exhaust on it when I bought it, so no muffler on the left. The center stand looked odd down there by itself, besides - I park in a wheel chock in the garage, so I didn't need it.

Anyway ... now I have a proper 2-2 setup and the stand is back on. It makes the slightest bit of contact with the muffler on the left. Was there ever a rubber piece down there like the side stand has? I went for a ride and heard no rattles (surprisingly) but it doesn't seem like it's supposed to be that way.

An original muffler had a bracket with a little rubber bumper snapped into it. With an aftermarket muffler, a short length of heater hose on the tang does the trick .....

QOF59xn.jpg

JWV1MX3.jpg

Being that far back and away from the engine, the pipe doesn't get hot enough to melt the rubber.

Back