Mikes/650 Direct Brit Pipes

MacMcMacmac

Failed Hedonist.
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Look good.

Sound great.

Made of chocolate.

Less than 1 season of riding on these. Too bad, I really liked them.

britpipe2.jpg

That sucks. I have about had it with companies and their crappy products. I bought a license plate frame 2 weeks ago. The first ride out with it I heard a clinkity-clank while riding. Pulled over and noticed the frame broke in half.

It's quite disheartening that US-based companies selling cheap foreign-made products are so focused on profit margins that the quality of products they sell seems to be of little concern. So much garbage for sale out there but it's cheap so consumers eat it up.

Look at my pictures. My mufflers are Bonneville pieces that I fit to my stock head pipes.They are repro Bonneville , but the quality is no problem at all :)

Perhaps they can be welded. Yes, too many of Mikesxs products are sub standard.

I like the OEM stock exhaust on my 78SE. Superior quality, good power, nice sound, gives 24 km/L or 56 mpg.

Pete I also have new set of Brit's for my BSA and they fit the Yamaha perfect. I have not had a problem with my Mikes mufflers yet!

Attachments

• pa090010.jpg
    pa090010.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 147
mac, did you provide support for the muffs, or were they just hanging off the back of the header?

I'm running MikesXS headers into Birturo Megaton silencers (made in England). Didn't even need clamps the fit was so good and only $80 a pop. There are better products out there for decent prices.

us129Photo2.jpg

Back