Mikes PWK32 gas pukers......

mrkil

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Left the bike with the petcocks open this morning when I parked in the garage. The shit Mikes PWK left carb pissed all of my gas all over the garage floor.

Mu bad for leaving them open but these should not always puke gas out. The floats are correctly set.

Looks like i'll be in the market for a set of 34's or 38's

Yes, the fact that MrRiggs finally threw the towel in on these things should tell you something.

I don't care who builds them, I do not trust float needles. I ALWAYS take them out and replace them with rubber tip needles. I do not have problems and rarely bother turning off petcocks.

I,ve read that a lot of blokes in the US have been having problems with Mikes Keihin PW 32 carbys, I have found the opposite they are just great, but I do have a well opened two into one exhaust and the sound is ball tearing

I always felt that the stock carbs tuned right are the best option for street use. That is why I stock them dearly whenever I find a set going cheap after the owner just bolted up a set of others and before he finds out they are not what he thought they would be.

But did he really?(mr Riggs trow in the towel on the pkw's)

Yes and no. I [eventually] got the carbs ironed out and they worked very well. The problem was that they would only work well for about three months then the slides would start sticking again. I'd tear them down and lap the slides then they would be good for another three months.

This bike is my main source of transportation. I ride it day-in and day-out all year. These carbs aren't made to handle that kind of repetitive use. They are just the wrong carbs for my particular situation. For others, who use their bikes differently, they may be a good fit.

carbs piss me off.and its not cuz i dont understand them or know how to work on them.2cyl engines shud have one carb and 4cyl engines shud have 2 carbs.it can be done easily.they just do it to piss us off.

Yes and no. I [eventually] got the carbs ironed out and they worked very well. The problem was that they would only work well for about three months then the slides would start sticking again. I'd tear them down and lap the slides then they would be good for another three months.

This bike is my main source of transportation. I ride it day-in and day-out all year. These carbs aren't made to handle that kind of repetitive use. They are just the wrong carbs for my particular situation. For others, who use their bikes differently, they may be a good fit.

well that answers my query, am of the frame of mind that reliability and ease of maintenance is well built bike. so the pukes will go in the basket of junk and I have set of makuni's that might be a better option, strike another blow for experience and don't buy from Mikes xs a carb set. a waste of money but a great lesson to be learned. I will try what you did when I have time to play around with my bike but at this moment I build them and ride them.

Back