Mikes stainless spokes

CalsXS2

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
Just wondering if any of you guys have used the stainless spokes from Mikes. Especially on a 72.

I don't see how they can list the same part number for just about all years, but Yamaha says certain years only.

So anyway. Any like's or dis-likes. Thanks

I purchased the stainless spoke kit for my 1977 18"/19" build after powdercoating my wheels. I was quite impressed with the fit and finish of the spokes. I saw no issues and would definitely buy for another build.

I'm sure there not as nice as the buchanan's but I wasn't building a custom wheel so I gave them a shot. For the price difference you really can't go wrong:thumbsup:

i used mikes spokes to rebuild my 1977 wheels. i really have no complaints about them, actually glad i went with them instead of the buchanan spokes - much cheaper and i found buchanan a pain in the ass to deal with.

can't comment on the fitment on a 72 though

I've used a half dozen or so sets of Mike's spokes, both cad and stainless, and am very pleased with them. I would never buy Buchanan's when this fine lower cost option is available.

The fronts from Mike's should fit your XS2 wheel fine. I actually have a N.O.S. set of XS2 front spokes and they're pretty much identical to Mike's. Mike's spokes are a MM or 2 shorter - but his nipples are a couple MM longer so they compensate for that.

Back