mikes xs original mufflers

gravelman

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
hi guys joe here from huntville ontario has any one seen or bought the stock replacemnt mufflers from mikes xs i have a 72 xs2 and woyuld like to by a set but i would also like some comfermation on them it seems like theres no phone number for mikes xs and also i found another site xs 650 direct which looks to me like a sub dealer for mikes xs in stratford ont could any one help me here thank u and pleashure being on your site joe

Joe,
Welcome aboard! I have a set of Mikes' XS1 mufflers on my 70. They are exactly like to originals except for the double wall header pipe. They come with all of the mounting hardware. I would call them exceptional quality. And they sound like an original as well. Hope this helps.

I don't have a set myself, but I have read many posts in which people claim them to be top notch, and none to the contrary.

great thank u guys so now i can order them up and let my bike breath again the last owner put some muffler with a baffle the size of your baby finger it was choked rite off thank u all agin for ur input and u will probly be haring from me more iam shure i will have lots more questions once again than k u

Yes, the Canadian XS650 direct is a subsidiary of Mike's XS. Mike's also has an outlet in Germany, the Netherlands and Japan.
I like that, the Japanese gets parts for a Japanese bike from the US of A. A bit of irony there.
Leo

650 Direct is owned by Jason and Katie Lalonde,Rudiger Paustian owns the German XS business,Jerry Heiden owns the Netherlands business and Takashi owns the japanese deal.Since they are owned independent of Mike's XS here in the USA,they are not actually a subsidiary.Otherwise Scott Hurst and Jim Clark would now own all of the 4 XS businesses.I'm sure that they would like to,but that isn't going to happen.Look for things to get "interesting" for Mike's in the future. And yes,the mufflers in question are of high quality fit,finish and sound.

Last edited:
Ok, I misspoke when I said subsidiary, perhaps affiliated would be a better term. They do get the parts through Mike's XS.
Leo

No problem XSLEO,i just wanted to clear that up a little,not give you a hard time.For what it's worth,Mike's USA actually gets some parts from 650 Direct(such as Athena gaskets).Rudiger at one time was supplying Mike's with the H.P. oil pump kits and the needle bearing swingarm kits,etc.And of course there is Jerry's involvement with the oil coolers,big-bore kits,etc.That is just a little bit of how the parts are supplied.It is a very complicated "mess",haha!I always thought it funny and ironic also that some of the parts were made in Japan,sent here,then shipped back!

There must be some protectionism on where the outlets can sell. I ordered some parts from Heiden Tuning by mistake, i was trying to find out the shipping cost, I wrote an explanation and they thought i was from the US and told me i couldn't buy from them an i had to buy from MikesXS in the States. The Canadians havr to buy from the Canadian MikesXS and the Europeans from Europe.

hey guys thanks a bunch for all ur input so anyways i ordered my stock replica mufflers last thurs day from xs 650 direct but i think like anidiot i messed up i payed with paypall and they used my shipping adress from that accountwhich happens to be a post office box by the time i noticed what i had done it was to late so i dont know if fedex will take it to post office or ship it back i emeiled 650 direct twice but got no answer they make it kinda hard with no phone numbers would anyone there have there number if so that would help me out greatly thanks again guys

I also bought a set of these mufflers for my XS2. I don't install them yet because my bike is not rebuild at this time but they seems to be very well made. Happy to know that they sound like the stock ones.

Back