Moabiker's Tall Tales

IMG_20181117_132857.jpg
IMG_20181117_132930.jpg
IMG_20181117_134311.jpg
IMG_20181117_133451.jpg
IMG_20181117_133524.jpg
... fun day on magic bike....who went trail riding

Last edited:
Those jumpers really bothered me, couldn't watch the whole thing, don't like helicopters either. Never had a problem with heights at all until I received more radiation to my head than any other person was ever prescribed, that's what they told me. I can't look at the top shelf at WalMart without sitting on the floor. Vertigo never happened to me on a motorcycle.

Scott

Those jumpers really bothered me, couldn't watch the whole thing, don't like helicopters either. Never had a problem with heights at all until I received more radiation to my head than any other person was ever prescribed, that's what they told me. I can't look at the top shelf at WalMart without sitting on the floor. Vertigo never happened to me on a motorcycle.

Scott
And those are the mellow dudes. The wing suit guys are the wild ones. I happy slow trials type rider...my crashes do not make me a statistic..so i still alive and well, just sometimes kinda hard to tell...

Last edited:
And when it gets light out i have some sad pics to take....they took out the grass and put in a parking lot...in the name of progress...and propose to use more of my "backyard" to make highway bypass around Moab...sometimes reality sooooks

Last edited:
IMG_20181121_094418.jpg
...2 motors here....3 more on other side...wheels under couch...frames under bed...hehe a few bikes get to sleep inside as long as they not get in the way...9 outside.....these were supposed to be for tourists...not enough money to get bike biz going...oh well...i tried....

Last edited:
Remember my electric fence pic...gov was not kidding around....one finger tip later...few days later...still buzzing
IMG_20181121_114538.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_20181121_171904.jpg
Sunset with the next day bringing more change...this is the moon with sunset behind me.....
IMG_20181121_163616.jpg

Sunset shade working up valleys and mountains and moon popping up more spectacular than pics look...
IMG_20181121_165421.jpg
IMG_20181121_170403.jpg
...in 15 minutes more sky will be dark and only see moon...my camera sooks...but get away from city lights and at night zillions of stars...meteor storms look like alien invasion....big screen at its best...

Last edited:
I have been the first person to come up to major medical emergencies on the trails too many times. A motorcyclist with a broken femur, a bicyclist with a broken femur, a broken ankle from a hiker....and last year about this time a bicyclist that fell and his eye popped out of its socket. Yesterday i saw the sherriff that helped assist with accident. Unfortunately the bicyclist ended up losing both eyes cop told me. Serious accidents can happen fast.. be careful out there.

Last edited:
Hi Moabite,
You sure live in some scenic country. I’ve enjoyed all of your photos. I am super impressed at your ability to manage some pretty heavy street and touring bikes on the roads you travel. I’m curious, given that most of your riding seems to be done on dirt and gravel roads, have you ever considered a lighter dual sport bike such as a
Kawasaki KLR650
EA2DB35C-B07C-4D28-A7B3-013A91D98A6E.jpeg

Or a Suzuki DL650?
6BC94585-90ED-46D5-B5F9-62F47C56A489.jpeg

Both bikes have been around for a long time and there are a whole lot of them available , cheap as chips!

Back