Moabiker's Tall Tales

my trials bike has gotten neglected because my special world class trials loops i love i can not get to right now. Hope to get my samurai motor by xmas and can trailer trials bike to trailheads . Only putt putt trials riding by my house not serious trials.

One day i get another big dirt bike(had lots actually) . I rode for one year as guide riding with former AMA DESERT #1 Dale Parriot (Elite Motorcycle Tours) and we took peeps on 2,3,4 and 5 day off road adventures. It was a dream coming true...he took me on some wild technical stuff and showed me around, which i love....but he was faaaast in the open and i eat way too much dust (hurt my ego)...

So close to 300 riding days so far this year but very little time on my favorite bike...as much as plenty times big KTM or Husq would rock...i missing my quality trials time...so while i been having great riding year my specialty slow speed riding is close to coming back in the near future to the forefront of my riding.

Last edited:
3 mo from yesterday...
IMG_20181123_124734.jpg

There is a ranch to the left. That guy has the only electric ktm freeride in Usa
IMG_20181123_131728.jpg
IMG_20181123_124000.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Moabite,
You sure live in some scenic country. I’ve enjoyed all of your photos. I am super impressed at your ability to manage some pretty heavy street and touring bikes on the roads you travel. I’m curious, given that most of your riding seems to be done on dirt and gravel roads, have you ever considered a lighter dual sport bike such as a
Kawasaki KLR650
View attachment 130332
Or a Suzuki DL650?
View attachment 130333

Both bikes have been around for a long time and there are a whole lot of them available , cheap as chips!
And a trail like White Rim trail that goes thru National Park on!y street legal vehicles ok there. It is way more than regular street bikes (except al! Moabite bikes) could go...dual sport bike only way to ride this premier trail (100 miles off road...nothing but endless spectacular views )...
But when i go out on trials bike or 4tricks,even 68 honda cub lots of areas there are many big awkward steps ...not very klr (300 lbs) friendly.

Last edited:
IMG_20181125_094131.jpg

I really like mountain biking....after an hour with dogs on stuff below here...i move up side of rim for some singletrack...

Last edited:
IMG_20181125_093211.jpg
IMG_20181125_094730.jpg
IMG_20181125_094922.jpg

so maybe 3 hours pedaling and a cheeseburger and time to sit and relax for a bit...why sit inside when i can ride gs1100 ...it is nice out today....

Last edited:
Moabite, Thanks for all the great pics. So gorgeous!

Those petroglyphs could predate Columbus by a thousand years or more. "Columbus discovered America" is an insult to the people that knew where it was already! I've seen others, in Arizona. The most amazing was a series of concentric circles (with large dots in various places), surrounding a solid round shape. "Primitive savages"? Depicting the sun, and the first four planets around it? Goosebumps... :geek:

Nice ride yesterday behind the vetter...took dogs out a few times on 68 cub. Slow speed riding or windshield needed to ride next few months ...cold to go fast unfaired...big ride maybe on today's agenda...Area Bfe extreme offroad park...lived here a few years as minder of property...

Last edited:
IMG_20181127_111007.jpg
IMG_20181127_113743.jpg
IMG_20181127_110954.jpg
...well...kinda hoping not to die doing what i love today...because most i love biking not hiking so i was safe here...poor gal though, she loved hiking most...followed this guy's short cut to the bottom...i tried to tell her fastest way not always the best way to go...

Last edited:
Back