Moderate rear sets, are there any on the market?

arcticXS

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Hi again!
When I bought my 1977 XS650D, it was totally stock, and I found the riding position way too upright, and the pegs too far forward. I replaced the handlebar with a LSL "Superbiker" with approx 2" rise, which suits me and my riding style perfectly.

The footpegs are another issue, I would prefer to have the pegs placed somewhere between the 2 footpeg studs on the XS. I have started building my own footpeg brackets out of SS steel, welded construction. For the pegs themselves I used 25 mm SS square tubing, and the round footpeg rubbers from the earlier XS/TX models.
This will work, but does not look as slick as I would like, and SS is damn heavy compare to aluminum..

I would really like a set of lightweight machined alloy brackets, with "ears" for the pegs located halfway between the studs, and incorporating the stock rubber bushes, and finally with no loose spacers.

The rearsets i have been able to find are all 100-150 mm too far back, have no rubber mounts, and the plates are just cut out of plate aluminum, with loose spacers.

If you know of any supplier of somehing like this, or someone willing to machine up a set of brackets from my drawings, it would really make my day! I can just scan a manual drawing, or make an Autocad one, whatever is best.

Joker Machine has a cool "project" XS, and they actually have rearsets in the position I want, but they use non-folding pegs, and the brackets do not seem to be rubber mounted.
Any universal pegs with the foot controls pivoting on the pegs could be used like this, but it is not exactly what I want.
But at least Joker Machine have got the pegs in a good position for actually riding the bike, not posing only.......

Back