Moto GP

Purplezinger

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
DORNA has just announced the "Circuit of the Americas" in Austin will be added to the 2013 Moto GP schedule. That means we get 3 Moto GP Races next year!

WSB is a much better show, but I'm going to try to make the GP to support my 2 Texans!
Now, let's see what kind of mess Dorna makes with trying to run WSB after this week's announcement. Not loving that deal.

Has GP ever had 6 manufacturers? With 5 winning races? Championship determined by 1/2 a point? 6-7 different winners in a season? God I hope they don't fuck up WSB!
GP was good in '03-'06. The 800's were a strange exercise, and the electronics are "in control", but out of control, ya know what I mean?
Josh Hayes wins 3 superbike titles in a row in the US against some very good riders, while NOT using traction control? Which way is the right way? I don't know, but it's not GP's tech and bank book war for a show anyway.

Moto GP is the premier event, WSB is not. Which is the better show, that's open for debate. It's the apples and oranges thing. DORNA has two Moto GP issues that have to be addressed soon. CRT bikes and tires. Spectators are not going to continue attending premier races that have these second and third class bikes/riders on the track. There is an old saying "Competition improves the breed". With only one tire supplier there is no competition. Teams are fighting to get chassis to work with the supplied tires.
Statistics show that electronic traction control is reducing the number of "Hi sides". For that reason alone (rider safety) electronics are here to stay.

Last edited:
Can't understand how Dunlop can lay out all these ads and press releases about "sweeping the podium" with thier latest sprot tire, but it's not really a victory with no battle. I agree that the number of high sides is nothing like it was in the 90's, but there's actually been quite a few this year. Unless costs are controlled on some level, in the current world economy, GP will continue to be a showcase for the top 2-3 factory efforts, and that's all. Remember when Alex Barrios was "testing" the RC211V against the 2 strokes, and that thing came cooking around the corners with smoke boiling off the tire? That was a show, and a great distraction from the fact that they might not be running up front. Golden years to me.
Dorna has made GP a hostile work environment, unless you are Spanish. To see the likes of Spies and Stoner walk away, you know there's some serious bullshit going on.
The better show? Who had the best attendance this year? The "premier event"? Debatable, as far as I'm concerned, given the lack of deep competition, and participation. Don't get me wrong, I still watch, but I do get dissapointed more often than not when it's a breakaway by lap 5.

world gp in aust.. sunday.. about 2.30 pm i think... and casey is starting on the 3 rd row ,,, but i,ll give him a chance , i,m pleased it at that time... regards oldbiker.........

Hey partner, Motegi has to happen first! Tomorrow. Malaysia next week, Phillip Island on the last weekend of the month. I wouldn't count Stoner out either. He rides good pissed off, and I'm sure his starting position is going to do just that!

Back