Moving to Gold Canyon AZ

mmm Arizona, We looked around the AZ NM border last spring, Silver City and north of there sure looked good to me.

Gary,

Last winter here pushed me over the edge. Sick of six months of riding and six months behind a snow blower (albeit a big thumper), finally got to me. Think of it, all summer here with the lakes and the woods, then a quick 3 hour plane ride and six months of riding, hiking, and travel in the mountains and the desert. Come on down. :thumbsup:

roy

When you get back look me up. I live in Mesa and have for 23 years. I hope you like it here as much as I do. :)

Let me warn you in advance. Be extra careful here riding a motorcycle. I drive a car to work 32 miles every day. Yesterday while listening to the radio on my way to work I heard of 4 motorcycle related crashes on that 1 hr. drive. Not an unusual day.
jefft

Finally got an opportunity to ride a bit yesterday morning. Took UncleBrian's advice and went up to Canyon Lake. Lousy cell phone shots but nice ride. Fun twisties but road is really rough right now. roy

Attachments

• IMG_20141017_082114189 (1).jpg
    IMG_20141017_082114189 (1).jpg
    257.6 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_20141017_082511855 (1).jpg
    IMG_20141017_082511855 (1).jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 132
Been to Tortilla Flats several times now. Great ride but man I wish they would smooth that road a bit.

roy

Let's meet at "Motorcycles on Main" on Jan 2 evening. Downtown Mesa hosts a motorcycle night the first Friday of every month. I'll be there around 7:00pm if you want to meet up.

Really good! It's a different flavor of riding than Minnesota. Lots more traffic and longer miles between destinations but the mountains provide plenty of opportunities for spirited riding. I'll probably be looking for a dual sport of some sort to use as my lead bike there. The XS is great but not the best for pounding down a long stretch of hot blacktop. I will say this, I went five winter months without seeing a snowflake!

roy

Back