Moving to Vermont

twinsarehot

fu*cking lurker
Reaction score
Are there any members here from VT?

I need to get out of New England's little stink hole called Rhode Island. My girlfriend and I are moving up near Burlington, VT in the next month of so.

I remember passing a cool vintage bike shop on my way from Rutland to Burlington, but are there any other cool places I should check out? Any great roads I must ride? Any suggestions or advice on motorcycling there?:shrug:

I'm from NH, but I love Vermont. I vacation in the Northeast Kingdom area, about 15 miles south of the Canadian border. Nice and quiet. Burke Mountain is a great area for mountain biking if you're into that. Try riding around the Okemo mountain area, in Ludlow. Very pretty. The SCCA has a race up the mountain once a year. Fun stuff. I wish you luck in your move. I think you'll like it.

My wife grew up in Waitsfield right near sugarbush. We lived in Burlington & Hinesburg before moving down to the Annapolis area to help out my family. Go south on 89 and then south on 100 towards Rutland, real nice drive, always wanted to take my bike up there and do it, just haven't had the chance yet.

Thanks for the suggestions!

I hear the police are on a 24/7 ticketing frenzy....time to update my radar detector...

If either you of *ahem*, ANY of you for that matter find yourself in VT, give me a heads up!

Vermont has some awesome roads! I used to have land in the N.E. Kingdom, Island Pond to be exact. Tech, you been to Island pond? If you have you know of the "donunt throwing waitress" I'm sure :laugh: Hey Twins, check out RT 17, The Appalachian Gap:thumbsup:

Riding in VT isn't so much about finding the good roads, it's about finding the bad roads and avoiding them. And that's usually for pavement quality, they're often otherwise beautiful roads.

And I'll just leave this here for ya, a modified version of a little ride I'm planning on doing this summer :)
http://goo.gl/maps/YR0E

Back