My 1976 XS!

1976xs

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thought id show some pictures of my bike
First time i saw one was in sydney australia on a trip with my school, i knew from then i wanted one and the search began.
A lot of them are overpriced over here so put it off for a while and almost gave up hope.
Until a bike restorer and enthusiast came into my dads shop in Byron Bay and got me onto this.

It wasn't running and looked rough but I had to have it!
Havnt done a whole lot to it yet.
Just replaced the seat and smaller blinkers. Just fabricated up a stainless box to put the battery in and all the electrics and do away with the side covers.Havnt put it in though.

I tried running a real small battery and having it open but shes stubborn sometimes and I dont get to start it everyday and it ran flat to quickly.

I also made a talight and number plate holder but dont think ill run it. Looking at either something smaller now or a sidemount holder.

Also if anyone knows of a rear guard that fits these i'd like to know about it. I want to cut down one or put a shorter one in there.

Let me know what u think, i have had a lot of great help on here and hoping someone can lead me in the right direction again! Its still got a bit to go but hopefully get it on the road soon.

Have a good one. Thanks

Attachments

• xs1.jpg
    xs1.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 327
  • xs2.jpg
    xs2.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 374
  • xs3.jpg
    xs3.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 281
  • xs5.jpg
    xs5.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 354
  • xs seats.jpg
    xs seats.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 302
Last edited:
Looks good I like it. I have been wanting to do something to mine but I don't want to do anything irreversible.

The battery box i fabricated I wasnt to happy with how it looked. Im thinking maybe a little beer keg or an ammo box for everything to sit in. I saw in a street machine magazine someone had used an old oil tin.
Just need something that will sit in there neatly. Might end up buying a fake oil tank yet.
Thanks for the positive feedback!!!

im more of a chop dude, but that bike you got there is perfect. ammo box, and keg is corny as shit! leave it as is and please i beg of you....ride the shit out of that.

Yeah 639$ for a seat is mental, almost what I paid for my bike, but WHERE is it from??

Didn't really answer my question. They appear to be bolt-on, as in the hinge tabs and lock mechanism are to be removed.

Didn't really answer my question. They appear to be bolt-on, as in the hinge tabs and lock mechanism are to be removed.

The site says with some modification. So i believe it may be the hinges and rubber mounts between the seat and frame

I'd be interested to see a picture of the bottom of the seat installed and the frame in that area as well.

I'm not so much interested in buying the seat, but the look that can be achieved utilizing the stock mounts, hinges, and lock mechanism.

Posted via Mobile

I'd be interested to see a picture of the bottom of the seat installed and the frame in that area as well.

I'm not so much interested in buying the seat, but the look that can be achieved utilizing the stock mounts, hinges, and lock mechanism.

Posted via Mobile

Hey 1976xs, can you post a picture of the underside of your seat and how well its mounted? Are you using the stock latch etc as well?

Back