Pipe_redo_003.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 169
  • Pipe_redo_002.jpg
    Pipe_redo_002.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 160
  • Pipe_redo_001.JPG
    Pipe_redo_001.JPG
    124.4 KB · Views: 169
Thanks ggg, glad you like it. I'm definitely a lot happier with it. I wanted to keep the pipes the same length, but in this case I'd rather have form over a little sacrifice in function.

Oh yeah, I scored some stainless sheet for free, so some of that will be used for heat shields. I'm going to paint the pipes black, and wrap them from the outlets to the joint where it steps up to 1.75" pipe.

DAMMIT TEEBS! stop making progress and having a bike that looks so damn good! your makin me look bad! :banghead: lol. glad to see your makin progress though. :thumbsup: its lookin good cant wait to see what it looks like when its finished :D

lol Thanks for the compliment, brother. I have it at home now, so it's going a little faster. I should be able to get the headlight and taillight mounts done tomorrow, as well as the heat shields for the pipes, but every damn time I say something like that, some-friggin-thing comes up that just HAS to be done. (read: family, ole lady, or clients to keep happy.) ....oooor I feel the pressing need to ride, so I take off for a day.. or four.

...I can't wait to see what it looks like finished either...

How are things with your scoot?

yea i hear that man, sometimes life just gets in the way. mine is chuggin along. of course every other thing i touch i fuck up and have to fix! lol. mounting the fender just about did me in. but after 5 times of tack welding it and breakin it off, cleaning it up and tacking again, i think i finally have it right... i think.... got the motor back together and painted, and its sittin in the frame so i could finish mock up on the forward controls. im getting ready to go to the shop that does my Harley work to have him lathe down the rods so the bronze bearings will spin freely on them and then hopefully that will be done. coming little by little. im so close but still have so much to do!!! ill try and throw some update pics up soon!

Teebs can I get a little more info on how you did you monoshock?
Did you use the stock swing arm ?
How exactly did you mount it ?
Thank
A22

atomic, the swingarm is the original, stretched 4". The shock is a direct mount with no linkage. I used 1/4" steel plate to make the mounts for it. The top mount is welded to the bottom of the seat rails. The bottom mount is welded to the 1/2" round bar brace on the swingarm. I may have to add some bracing to stiffen up the plate. I'll keep an eye on it as I ride it to see what happens.

I may have to rebuild the swingarm to strengthen that mounting point, which I wouldn't mind, as I let a friend do the work on the swingarm and have never been happy with what he did. It's not bad work, just not what I would have done.

The older air shocks will probably work better than anything newer. Unless you design yours to use the linkage and not a direct mount. I went into it without being sure how well it would work and sometimes you just have to take chances. I went ahead with the frame build as if it would work; no turning back. I knew I would be able to make it work somehow.

If you have any specific questions, fire away. I'd be happy to answer whatever questions you may have.

Well, I was hoping to get the headlight, taillight done and a start on the bars today, but...

I'm still working through exactly how to mount the headlight.

I did start on the taillight, but nothing picture-worthy.

Attachments

• headlight_006.JPG
    headlight_006.JPG
    142.1 KB · Views: 129
  • headlight_005.JPG
    headlight_005.JPG
    133.1 KB · Views: 144
  • headlight_003.JPG
    headlight_003.JPG
    168 KB · Views: 132
  • headlight_002.JPG
    headlight_002.JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 136
  • headlight_001.JPG
    headlight_001.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 119
  • headlight_008.JPG
    headlight_008.JPG
    167.2 KB · Views: 120
  • headlight_007.JPG
    headlight_007.JPG
    138.7 KB · Views: 132
Teebs you really need to stop coming up with kool ideas that the rest of us are going to have to steal in the future! lol. bad ass headlight mount! wish you lived closer, so i could force you to teach me your magic ways ;) lol

Thanks a lot guys. I really appreciate that you appreciate the work.

Steal whatever you want, brother. If these pics help guys to fabricate their own stuff, I'm for it!

I won't lie, I wish I lived closer too! I left Boca/Deerfield Beach about five years ago and have regretted it ever since. Rented a little place about 100 yards from the water with this red hot Brazilian chick, hammock and beer fridge on the veranda out back, 2 bikes, no cage, a life of absolute leisure, which is what I'm all about. :thumbsup:

Still have the leisure, but I really miss that beach... and that woman... :D

rusty, I'm in Manchester, NH. Also known as Manch-Vegas.

Jay, it is one piece, bent using my bench vice and good old human muscle power. After it was in the shape I wanted I tweaked it in the vice with a rubber mallet. You can see tooth marks from the vice. The teeth eventually ate through the rag I duct taped to the teeth and I didn't feel like replacing it. I'll smooth the marks out later. You could apply heat as you bend, but it makes it a pain in the ass to handle (can't forget your gloves for a second) and you don't have nearly as much control over how much you bend it. Also, with the stock heated the teeth will chew the hell out of the steel. Oh, by the way, if you do this, don't forget your big boy pants, because an 8" length of 3/8" round stock is a lot less flexible than you'd think... :)

I've worked with steel in my art for a lot of years. I love working with my hands and simple tools as much as possible.

More low-tech dickitry, and a new taillight mount:

Attachments

• tailllight_006.JPG
    tailllight_006.JPG
    171.5 KB · Views: 128
  • tailllight_005.jpg
    tailllight_005.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 151
  • tailllight_004.JPG
    tailllight_004.JPG
    135.7 KB · Views: 164
  • tailllight_003.jpg