My Bobber Design - What do people think?

AussieHard

AussieHardTail
Reaction score
Ok this is what I plan to build, except I intend to have a nicer color scheme. Going with High gloss black, alloy and brass details.

Brass grips, nuts, pegs, etc.

Feedback welcomed.

It is so hard waiting for the bits so I can get started!!!!

Attachments

• XS650 DESIGN.jpg
    XS650 DESIGN.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 649
  • XS650 Design Text Only.jpg
    XS650 Design Text Only.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 1,249
looks good, the straight leg david bird tail would seem like a better fit with the cole foster tank.

They don't look the to me either. That's gonna be an expensive build!

Posted via Mobile

Jamesgs4-Would agree that combination is a good look...exactly what is planned for mine lol

AussieHard-The pics don't do just to the differences...I am doing the straight and the looped is a bit different. (Yes we resell those too lol)

Ironsled-+1 on the expensive...these parts do add up quick lol

David Bird does not do a wide tail. Yes my partner and I are resellers of his hardtails.

Part of the agreement every reseller has with David Bird is that they will not retail them for less than 289.

I think it looks shit hot.

About the expense, have a look at comparable prices at new bikes in the US compared to Australia, I sure you will get a rude shock.

Expensive yes, but probably still half the price of a new 1200 sportster, currently approx $16-17K here & the Aus dollar is on parity - or more than the US dollar, figure that out.:confused:

Looks like it should be a great build! I especially like the information with the pictures. All too often I see some cool build set ups but there is no information about the stretch or the rake and other dimensions. (And I don't have good enough judgement yet to figure it out myself!)

Hotdog: You get a non running bike in a create for $1500 - $2500 here or a running bike $4000- $100000. XS650 are hugely expensive. I think it could almost be cheaper to do a sporty.

Rogue: I was an industrial designer a long time ago and some of the practices still stick with me. stopped work in 2006, don't thick I could remember how to use CAD anymore.

If a spring loaded tensioner is mounted on top, every time you let off the gas the spring would act as it should and once throttle is re-applied, there would be a slamming of the chain slack. A spring loaded tensioner needs to be mounted on the bottom.

Look at a 10 speed bicycle, the derailleur's spring loaded tensioner is on the bottom.

Going to be a very nice build. Good luck
Just can't get over the prices of bikes overseas if it just wasn't so much bullshit to ship in a contaier i would build 5 and ship them over.
I can build the black bike here in the US for $3500.00 to $4000.00 and the orange bike for $4500.00 to $5000.00 Price depends on color and Springer or not. Last bike i shipped to GERMANY 4 years ago was $1100.00 in a crate Now its got to be big bucks.
It use to be easy everything went on a boat now its only containers for boats and fly everything else.
But any way great looking bike can't wait for your pictures

Attachments

• new.GIF
    new.GIF
    105.2 KB · Views: 169
  • obike.jpg
    obike.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 201
That looks like it is well proportioned, one of the best I have seen!

Thanks man!

DADDYG
There was a guy advertising to ship bikes crated for $800, when I agreed to use him he said he couldn't get modified bikes in. Have to bring them in as parts, there for 2 crates @$800. Problem is also once here you have to meet our overly tight road regs.

Would be interesting to bring a container load of cheap stock bikes over along with extra parts and assemble and sell here.

Anyone interested in a business venture?

Back