My Bobber Design - What do people think?

Hahaha you are right my friend, we can export cute girls, what about a trade? Girl for bike... Hhahah

Soon I will make some shoots of my bike with some cute girls... Stay close...

Trash or Treasure

IMG_0467.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

IMG_0465.jpg

IMG_0464.jpg

IMG_0463.jpg

IMG_0462.jpg

ztest Fit of tank for Cafe build (on other bike).
IMG_0481.jpg

Pull back risers had a stripped thread and bars kept slipping..
IMG_0479.jpg

Swapped out for these straight risers…More comfortable position too……pull backs looked cool though..
IMG_0478.jpg

I got 3 bikes and two have carbs on them, I have another 3 sets of carbs, guess that leaves me with 2 extra sets…….How can I tell what carbs are what model and which ones are the best to keep. The bike above is the 74 and it has a set on it that seem to work well…. The 80 Gold bike "future cafe" also has a set on and the 78 is missing a set.

IMG_0448.jpg

Can I chuck the entire carbs in a pot of boiling water lemon juice & bicarb soda? Thinking it might clean them up a bit to start with.

Last edited:
Bought three XS it not insane at all... It a very intelligent buy... :)

If you have in mind some prices send a PM, maybe a friend of mine will be interested...

WHAT COULD GO, WRONG DID GO WRONG!
Had a terrible day today!

Decided to fit my new headlight. Plan was to put a rubber grommet into the back o the housing to prevent the rough metal edge from cutting the wires. Remove screw cap joiners and use mini torch to solder the wires and cover in heat shrink. Plug in head lamp, use dermal to cut notches for locating tabs. Take battery off charger, test head light and go for a spin.

Original blown headlight with massive crack in it. Also not 'E' marked so wouldn't have passed RWC.
IMG_0519.jpg

Had to drill out hole in housing to ½" take the grommet, and gave it a little polish while it was out.
IMG_0520.jpg

Original wiring, under the balk tape on both the red wires is a stripped section of bare wire. Also you can see the sharp hole the wires were coming through.

IMG_0525.jpg

Grommet Fitted.
Minitorch was out of gas so after an hour of moving boxes to get to the cupboard and then more time looking through said cupboard I found the butane refill. Filled torch but the little F@#ker would not stay a light. So much for soldering the wires. Ended up trimming the wires and found they have some stripped sections which I covered in heat shrink and used a cig lighter to shrink as the torch wasn't working. Stuck the sew cap joiners back on.

My Rewire job.
IMG_0526.jpg

IMG_0527.jpg

Comparison of the lights from the back. not the three tabs on the back of the new headlamp.
Got out the dremel and fitted a small cut-off wheel. Had the dremel for about 3 years now and never used it. Bought for a previously abandoned project. Had plenty of plans for it with the bike including engraving some parts. Plugged the dremel in an hit the power button wiz-stop! Tripped the circuit breakers and dremel is dead! So there goes notching the housing for the headlight tabs.

IMG_0528.jpg

IMG_0531.jpg

Threw the battery back in the bike off the charger, No juice! The tail light comes on, no head light no even a tickle when I try to start the bike. Jumped on the kicker about a dozen times no go either!

New Semi Sealed Head Lamp Installed. No to keen on the flat edge that runs around the outside. But couldn't find a nice curved lens like the original with an 'E' mark.

IMG_0532.jpg

Packed my shit up in disgust and called it a night!

Still don't understand if there is an electrical problem or the battery is just buggered?

Ok so my new batty arrived today its an SSB. Swapped her over and boom she fired right up! Even though she has been sitting out under a tarp in the F'n Cold! It's bloody freezin today….

Speaking of cold……I found out that batteries are temperature sensitive and cold weather tends to kill them.. So when a battery is on its last legs it will generally fail when the winter starts. So the battery in the bike might have been enjoying the QLD WEATHER AND SUICIDED WHEN IT EXPERIENCED MELBOURNE WINTER!

Took her for a quick spin around the block cos it was raining and she stalled on me (Cos I missed neutral again) and was a bitch to start again. In fact I though I was goin to have to push her home and it ain't flat ground around here that's for sure!

So I still have some questions as to what is the cause.

Well with the new battery I was able to test my head light and made some more discoveries. The switch on the elec box under the seat has three positions. Since the headlamp was broken when I got her I assumed it was off/Low/Hi well it aint so. It is off/tail light, speedo light/headlight. The hi/lo is still on the bars.
Really weird way of doing things to my mind.

Also cleared some space in the garage and bought her in………….Will see if she is allowed to stay or the bike & I get the boot out in the street???

Naked lady aka Flame bike as she is now with many mods from how I bought her
Sissy_0979.jpg

My two girls
Lele_0985.jpg

Want to see all the details of the build and mods go here http://theflyingxs.blogspot.com/

Now that I have a bie on the road I can start the bobber/chopper
This was my Original design concept:
user4179_pic2531_1299127378.jpg

Now thinking a bit more swedish chop
XS650+Design+Version+II+copy.jpg

The frame
XS650+Design+Version+II+frame.jpg

Comparison the the XS standard model frame
XS650+Design+Version+II+Fr+copy.jpg

Screen+shot+2011-09-28+at+11.06.24+PM.png

40 Deg Rake.
21" Front rim with standard tyre size.
18" Rear rim with standard/200mm tyre size.
4" Ground Clearance
Engine mounts in stock position.
0 deg Adjustment in triple trees
Stock offset distance
Need to transfer this into CAD and work it some more.

The Trail looks to be about 14" I'm estimating which I think is a concern. Any ideas on how to shorten the trail other than offset triple trees or changing the look???

What is the length of the standard swing arm and on the drawing above where would it start from…. Want to work out if my rear axle would be in the same place.

Back