my build is rolling....

340frontporch

Grandpa Butterfly
Reaction score
hey all, thought i'd put some pics up. many of you have given me some advice along the way, thought i'd share what it's gone into. sorry i don't have progress pics as i'm usually to excited getting to work to take any....
IMG_1715.jpg

IMG_1714.jpg

the eighteen rear wheel is coming off today, and a sixteen is replacing it. once that's done, some buddies are coming over and drinkin' beers and putting in an engine....

the headlights getting a twin, mounted above it. gotta change the bulbs and housing out as the bulb housing has only one lead instead of at least two (only gonna run a single filament bulb).

pretty damn close now

here's a small update...!!!
IMG_1729.jpg

sixteen's on and the second headlight, though you cant see it in the picture i'm starting to be happy with where things are headed... after two years of owning this thing

thanks man. i'm loving those bars myself. that's about the third or twentieth pair that's been on there since getting the bike. hopefully it'll look ok once the bike's done....

small update?! jeez...its almost done!
Im starting to like all the bikes with dirt tires. looks tough.

thanks for the likes... i actually got the tire for the small drum hub. i'm sure that dirt tire will ride like ass, and won't last too long. i'm almost a bit scared of how terrrible it will ride on pavement. but i figure i'll ride it till it's no good anymore then replace it with a speedmaster or something. as far as it being almost done, there's still a good bit of stuff to do. get both brakes squared away, rear light needs it's bracket made and mounted, license plate, wiring, tuning. and then the electrical box will get replaced with a polished stainless one with a removable top, kinda like a horseshoe type tank. but i'm just trying to get the stupid thing on the road, since we're quickly approaching winter.. or at least my panicked mind feels that way.

Chill brother, there's still a few monthes of good ridding left. Then a few monthes of cold riding, then it warms up again.

here's a new very small update. got the brake light mounted (not wired) and pictures of the headlight and a few overall pictures... i'm really getting damn excited. gotta get the battery mounted (that'll take forever as i'm drafting one and then lasering it at work) then finish wiring, make sure the battery isnt' shart and start kicking!

IMG_1902.jpg

IMG_1901.jpg

IMG_1907.jpg

IMG_1903.jpg

wow, long time since an update... heres' some new shots. new electric box, permanent magnet swap, tanks almost read to be welded up needs filler hole cut... neck gussets cut out...
IMG_2038.jpg

IMG_2035.jpg

IMG_2032.jpg

IMG_2031.jpg

IMG_2030.jpg

IMG_2034.jpg

Digging the tit mouse! Im running the brass one those lil sum bitches are bright

Posted via Mobile

hel yeah ironsled, my bro runs one on his 68 shovel as well, they are really damn well made pieces. i've had it on the bike for two years now with nary a problem (granted it wasn't used for a year while the bikes been under the knife)

Yeah gabe makes some nice stuff. Cool dude to I think I b.s.'ed with him for damn near an hour when I ordered it. What's your bros shovel look like?? Total wish I had more patience.....I jumped on a 71 shovel when I really wanted a genny bottom.

Posted via Mobile

heres a full thread on the jj of his shovel... i did the same thing as you, just with an ironhead... shoulda held on for a genny, but then again i'm having to sell the ironhead, so...

Back