My Build thread 1981 special

kidmerc

livin in"XS"
Reaction score
full
[/IMG]

Well here we go, I guess I cant call it a prebuild anymore. Got tired of lookin at it and not doing anything while waiting for parts, so I decided to go ahead and tear down. Have a piece of plywood holding bike at the shock level I want, 10.5". If all goes right should have engine out this weekend as well as some of the frame cut. Will post as I go. Thanks for the inspiration all!!!

full
[/IMG]
Got some time into the old gal today. Got the seat frame tacked in. The tank and fender are just sitting there, for a mild mock up. I think it has a nice stance and is actually pretty comfortable while seated on it. Next is to mock up a quick mount passenger frame and seat.

Yep they are shot, going to install new sprockets and chain amongst a whole mess of other new parts, lol, thanks for the heads up though

17/32 is a good all around set up. The 17/34 is fun around town. The 17/30 is good for the highway. I've ran all three.
Leo

17/32 is a good all around set up. The 17/34 is fun around town. The 17/30 is good for the highway. I've ran all three.
Leo

Leo, I was planning on a 17/30 to try to get the revs down while highway driving, how much low end torque do I sacrifice though. I dont plan on treating it like a crotch rocket(or zoom splat as my dad calls them) but just want to know if it will get out of its own way. THanks
Merc :cheers:

Noticable, it takes a bit more finesse with the clutch to get moving. Once up to 5 or 10 mph it's good to go.
Leo

Back