My First Project

I could not get them to slide between the frame rail there, and the motor. Already have the motor loose, and the carbs back on now though.

I wasn't sure if there would be a gasket there or not, the motor had RTV right there, I actually ended up taking them off anyway after all the work I did unbolting the motor.

I guess its a lesson learned.

I just got inside from firing her up! Just did it on starting fluid, no exhaust either. Fired up pretty easily. Can't wait to get her all put back together now!

Had to replace the fuse box with inline fuses, but now she runs just have to fine tune everything and then I can work on the rest. Biggest thing is that she runs!

It's been about 8 years since I've been able to do anything with my bike. Got married, had an unexpected pregnancy, joined the Air Force and got stationed in Germany. Like an idiot I didn't bring the bike with me. This summer I'm supposed to move back to the states and I'll be able to get back into building my bike. I've decided now to go with a Brat or Brat/tracker build. Thankfully, I won't be waiting on this to be complete before having a bike to ride. I have inherited my grandpa's 2008 V Star 650 Custom, with about 3000 miles on it. While in Germany I bought a Suzuki SV650S full fairing bike. Rode that for about a year, then totaled it in a crash, along with my shoulder. Shoulder is all healed(tore a ligament in my A-C joint, collar bone was sticking nearly straight up).

Weird how all 3 of my bikes ended up being 650's. I'm just happy I'll have a bike to ride while I build this one.

Back