my mistress makeover. cafe build 80 Special.

Top on and ready to frame. Few adjustments on the valves and chain tensioner...lil bit of touch up and my 750 is gonna scream
IMAG0521_zpsbd183d1d.jpg

IMAG0523_zpscd35349f.jpg

If it runs as good as it looks you should be happy with it. You are going to have are really nice ride when finished. Nice work so far. I like it. :thumbsup:

Not much work up there, eh?. Got the time to make 'er all shiny. Just kiddin'.Look's real nice. I really like those new cylinders, the way the fin's all line up now.

Actually I work 6 days a week. This is 5 months of sundays and some help from my bro to get her done before the spring thaw. Lol

Actually I work 6 days a week. This is 5 months of sundays and some help from my bro to get her done before the spring thaw. Lol

Oh, I see. Sometime around August. This winter just doesn't want to let go. Still got ice on the reservior here. It's usually gone by now.
Next question, are you guy's going to seceed the union? LoL.

Actually well be thawed out way before you. 38 and sunny all week. Lol.
Not sure about the politicians following suit ...but many of us already seceded in spirit about 6 years ago. Lol. Not our fault...not our vote. .not our problem! He doesn't get off his plane when they refuel here. Lol

Titanium needles, 145 mikuni jets, one up on the pilot jet too. Chrome powdercoated bodies. Stainless hardware. Brass cross tube and all new rubbers. Polished inside and out. Synced the throttles Just have to fit the choke rod and install them. Thanks to MMM for the jet formula and internals. Hopefully minor air screw adjustments will dial them in.
IMAG0542_zpsc92beda3.jpg

IMAG0543_zps4c4d9bfa.jpg

IMAG0541_zps5bce7d2f.jpg

Brakes done and bled. Carbs on. Throttle and clutch adjusted. Chain on and set today
IMAG0544_zpscbc3e5b4.jpg

New wiring harness coming and I have to paint the tank and fender.
IMAG0545_zps2cf90ade.jpg

IMAG0546_zpsb48effcf.jpg

:rock:Lookin' real good. You didn't spend any time on those side cover's huh? They look absolutely gorgeous. That exhaust, is that one of Mike's? Or Murph's? Not bad. They look nice and tucked up, hopefully they won't drag in the twistie's. I got the Mike's 2 into 1 on mine and only at really high cornering will it drag. Think you could do a YOU TUBE once it's running. I'd like to hear Her run.

Thanks. The front pipes are stock....the rears are flow thru baffled angled cocktail shakers sold as aftermarket for a norton commando. Came wrapped in 1969 news paper from san Fran. Many like them on several sites but I got these on ebay. The ends and baffles are removeable. I'll be recording something for sure.

Back