my mistress makeover. cafe build 80 Special.

I suspect, like myself many are keeping a close eye on the thread, I read it daily, sometimes twice. You are doing a really terrific job with an eye to detail that is obvious. I can't speak for others but when I watch someone who is reallly skilled at what they are doing I generally just stay quiet, watch and try to learn from it. Don't be fooled by the lack of feedback. It could just be people in awe and wishing they could do something akin to your project.

Yamimoto

Thank you much. I'm always hoping for feedback so that I may continue to learn and grow. That's what these forums are about. Sharing experience and the love for our machines. Im purpose building this one to deal with rough Alaskan roads and traffic. A daily combat rider to deal with assholes and potholes.lol

I suspect, like myself many are keeping a close eye on the thread, I read it daily, sometimes twice. You are doing a really terrific job with an eye to detail that is obvious. I can't speak for others but when I watch someone who is reallly skilled at what they are doing I generally just stay quiet, watch and try to learn from it. Don't be fooled by the lack of feedback. It could just be people in awe and wishing they could do something akin to your project.

Yamimoto

Pretty much sums it up for me...

Attachments

• BlownAway.jpg
    BlownAway.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 106
Finished the wiring and will hook up a bladder tomorrow to fire her up. 750 kit and all new guts in the carbs....so I pray my formula is close and it'll just take a little tweaking. Primered, wetsanded, primed more wetsanded, primed sealed. Should lay some color tomorrow...more wetsanding...more color...more wetsand... Graphics..clear...cut n buff. Assemble tank and install. Same with the fender and install. Then test ride. Biggest bike gathering in AK in 2 weeks. Biggest show 1 week after that. Crossing fingers eyes and toes that there are no surprises.

Tank and fender are color coated and hanging to cure. After firing it up and triple checking everything ...
Hours of priming sanding and cleaning and drying and wetsanding and cleaning and drying etc. Next weekend ...color wetsand, graphics and bury it in clear. Then assemble the tank and install.
Then I can finally road test the upgrades and see how she pulls under load.

Months of work and 2 pages of pictures but only a few comments.
I noticed that too with my thread. BTW cool build.

wow
sounds great
I have a 78 cafe project
in rougher shape and much earlier in the project
what seat is that?

Back