My on the cheap bobber build thread.

Allright John!
I see You got into the real work.
I'll be cleaning up a bunch of welds too.
As long as they do the job!
Keep up the good work.
I'm making my own pile of parts now woohoo!
the tank mount looks perdy good too.

Thank Carbon! Yeah, I want to see that pile o' parts man.
I also took a couple shots from the top to use in stripe layout.
DSCN0629_zps96e639c9.jpg

DSCN0628_zps9d266ef2.jpg

Did u have any problems with the rear brake arm being at the bottom I was thinking of doing it that way but what if u need to adjust the chain won't that mess with it

Did u have any problems with the rear brake arm being at the bottom I was thinking of doing it that way but what if u need to adjust the chain won't that mess with it

If the caliper bracket rotates it will be no problem with the chain adjustment... The only advantage of it being on the bottom is it will be stronger, because you collapse the arm easier than you can pull it apart. In this location you are pushing on it instead of pulling... The back brakes really don't do near as much work as the front so I don't see an issue... just my $.02......

Yeah! What jmink427 said. I looked at mounting in different positions,but this was the easiest for me. At the time I was stuck on using the stock length brake hose and rod, so this was it. Oh and remember "cheap"!
Thank You Paul! So are you my friend!

So I got the idea of changing my axle adjusters out for some of these with some spacers.
75801_2_zpsc6307e30.jpg

Or some of these. I'm leaning towards these if I can find them in the right size.
dk273083_zpsadc770b8.jpg

I think the washers with my stock adjusters looks like crap.
Anybody have any suggestions?

So I got the idea of changing my axle adjusters out for some of these with some spacers.
75801_2_zpsc6307e30.jpg

Or some of these. I'm leaning towards these if I can find them in the right size.
dk273083_zpsadc770b8.jpg

I think the washers with my stock adjusters looks like crap.
Anybody have any suggestions?

just paint it all black:wink2:

I'm wondering what to do myself...I'll probably just use the stock for now, since I'm still not even close to being finished it doesn't bother me as much. Once I get it up and running it could be a different story.

Hey Paul, it wasn't me that was talking about the Maria bike...:laugh:
I believe that was john650, the man is in hampshire uk.

Last edited:
Still checking on the adjusters and spacers.
I've been looking at some different pant ideas and found this. I love the look of this bike.
sc6_zps130f4b41.jpg

l_zps8d89e96a.jpg

I laid it out on my sportster tank to see what it would look like. I'm kinda liking it. I might change to black with an off white pad and red pinstripe. I'd like to put Yamaha across the two colors in a classy font to match what I'm doing on my electrics tank.

Last edited:
Hey John!
How it going Man?
I was looking at Your axle plates.
The second adjuster the round one.
How would you use it with your axle plate?
Don't Ya have to use a adjuster that goes on each side of the plate.
So the adjusting screw centers on the plate.

Hey Carbon, I was thinking of running those round ones on the outside of the plates using some pipe to run the stud part into and secure them like you see on harleys.
The spacer part would go on the outside of the axle plate.I was measuring what was already there and figured they would be close to what I needed to clean up the stock setup with the add on washers you have to use with the Tc Bros hardtail.I would still have to use a washer on the inside of each axle plate to make up for the stock adjusters.

I'd appreciate that Carbon. I had a guy come by the shop Friday with a 06 big twin and looked at his setup. It had the adjuster bolts with separate spacers.
I like the look of this setup, but I believe the spacers would work.
e6dd2153-1e1c-457f-8713-5db15608c04b_zpsc3f6fc1b.jpg

Back