mystery electrical plug

XSevive

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
hi everyone ,nearing completing my xs650b electrics, bought a ebay harness and have everything working (had to do some creative stuff to use the fzr1000 switchblocks etc)
20190412_141419.jpg
but curious as to what this plug/wires are for ? my wiring diagram that i downloaded from here doesn't show it, its half way down the backbone area, the brown wire is active ,none of the other colors are on the schematic,. i know the blue/red single wire function but all the rest are a mystery. thx in advance..ron

That's a nowhere connector.......I have the same connector on my Australian 74TXA and it doesn't have a male connector....The only thin i can think it might be for, is the Japanese models have a speed warning light and it may be for that. The semantics don't show the W/R or the G/R wires in any of the wiring keys ....

The Blue/Red is the brake lining warning circuit

your probably correct there, there are a couple of odd ones at the meter multipin connector too, warning light etc, i have also have a JDM (Jap domestic market) CB750 K0 that use a signal generator gearbox thingo that fits inline with the speedo cable /speedo

our, Aussie, bikes did have the Pass switch, or button, on the left bar switch and also the ignition switch has off and 3 on positions

Back