Name a good flasher relay to work for LED blinkers

legendary yamaha

IG:ne_caferacer_club
Reaction score
Bought LED blinkers, they turn on but stay solid,
Not sure what flasher should I chose to replace.

Thank you in advance,

-Legenday Yamaha

I had to swap the wires to match the wiring on the diagram of the side of the relay. For a quick fix without soldering in a resistor remove the turn signal bulb filament from the indicator between the speedo and tach.

I had to swap the wires to match the wiring on the diagram of the side of the relay. For a quick fix without soldering in a resistor remove the turn signal bulb filament from the indicator between the speedo and tach.
Haven't tried that, I saw online that the OEM realy is good only for 3Amp blinkers, LED blinkers are more AMP and need other relay in order to function.

The stock flasher is designed to work with two 27 watt bulbs and one three watt bulb, a total of 57 watts.
LED bulbs draw much less watts, and very little current draw.
I get my LED flashers from Super Bright LED's. The LF1-S-flat. It comes with a two prong plug block. You remove the blades from the block. Then you plug the red wire on the flasher into the stock flasher plug where the brown wire is. The black wire into where the brown/white wire is.
If your bike has two indicator bulbs then every things fine. If you have a single indicator you will get feed back through it and both left and right will flash together. Easy to fix You just need to do a bit of rewire on the indicator bulb. I'll post a diagram.
You need a couple of diodes and a bit of wire.
Leo

Attachments

• Diodes for turn signals 001.jpg
    Diodes for turn signals 001.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 141
+1 on the Super Bright LED's LF1-S. I used the PIN version.It was super easy and the flash pattern is perfect.

Update: with Ep-34 the blinkers don't turn at all, either the light on ignition. Need another flasher, does the LF1 works??Since it is 2 proms how do I connect??

Update, flasher relay changed to the one in the picture, the blinkers works fine, had to remove the canceling unit and the old relay, red goes to brown, green to brown/white and black ground wherever you want to connect it.

Attachments

• 65B808DE-C277-4BF1-9F67-BF01BB40581B.png
    65B808DE-C277-4BF1-9F67-BF01BB40581B.png
    357.9 KB · Views: 134
Back