NC member

samplefool

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hello guys, I found out about you all from a member on Tacomaworld.com. Been looking into building my self a bike for awhile now. I found out that parts are rather easy to get for a xs650 so I decided to go this route. I have plenty of questions to ask before I start buying. Deployed at the moment so untill I get home I am just going to keep researching so I can jump on it when I return home.

Thank you for that, should come in handy since I plan on doing everything my self. I was having trouble figuring out how some have hardtails but I think I just figured it I hope. Do most ppl just buy the hardtail and weld it on them selves. What bike frames work the best?

Thank you for that, should come in handy since I plan on doing everything my self. I was having trouble figuring out how some have hardtails but I think I just figured it I hope. Do most ppl just buy the hardtail and weld it on them selves. What bike frames work the best?

well people go both ways. some get a doner bike. which is a xs frame with a good title and weld a hard tail to it. and some just buy a hardtail frame from a shop. I got a XS that was in ok shape and started to work.
buying a 30+ year old motorcycle is a commitment. If you like fixing and bringing neglected equipment back life you will be ok

I will have to take a day ride over if I get one I can jump on and enjoy. Rebuild might come next winter but I will prob purchase one around june time frame. I live in Fayetteville.

Back