Need 650 engine rebuilt. In Wisconsin

BareKnuckles

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need one of my engines rebuilt, I have one that was running but lost compression in one of the cylinders and I have another that is going to be a case donor. I believe I have all the parts, rings, chain, etc but I don’t know anyone with the tools or know how to do this. Any help would be great, thank you.

Where Wisconsin... ? If you farm this work out... it'll north of $1500.oo... gaskets, seals, valve work.. 2nd bore... labor. Any m/c shop can tackle the work. If you do it yourself... figure $500.oo..... you'll have to send the cylinders and valve work out to be done, but you'll save $$$$.
Do'n the work yourself can seem... intimating... but the folks here can help you with the process.

Janesville. I just don’t have time. It’s been out of the bike for 3 years to 2 different mechanics that told me what to order and then bailed.

Janesville. I just don’t have time. It’s been out of the bike for 3 years to 2 different mechanics that told me what to order and then bailed.
Source a good used engine. Without the resources it would be much faster and easier on you and your pocketbook. I have used ebay in the past for good running engines for my atv projects. Know there is a risk but if you follow protocol and talk to seller you are reasonably covered.

Janesville...fair size town....I pass it go'n to Woodstock swap meet.... there's a Triumph-Royal Enfield dealer..open'd 2-3 yrs ago...on Hwy 14 south of you... perhaps they have the means to get it done.
we have a local shop here that could get it done.. but we'r 5 hrs away....I'm sure there has to be a shop closer. Madison.. Chicago... ?

pm was sent yesterday I have a 7600 miles engine available, I'd do a full wake up drill......
Not interested in doing an engine build at this point.

Back