Need advice on gaskets

Craft518

n00b
Reaction score
Hey all,

Just purchased an 80 with a few oil leaks I need help choosing the gaskets for. The first one I found a thread on was about the upper cam casing where the points would be and I got some information on how to replace that one. Pull the cover, three screws come out, pull the inner casing and change seal and o ring. That one i think I can handle and can order no problem. What I'm being a dunce with is the lower casing on the clutch side. The bottom of the casing is leaking, roughly 4-8 drips after you park. Probably tons while moving. When I search for the gasket on Mikes it says,

"Gasket - Right hand crank case Cover (Clutch). - Fits:1970-84 650's OEM Ref.# 256-
15451-00"

Maybe I'm not sure but if I'm sitting on the bike that's the left side hahaha. But during replacement do they think you're looking from the front of the bike? I'm ready to order it but I don't wanna order the wrong side. Any help would be appreciated!!!

thanks

If you plan on keeping the bike for a while, it's best to get the complete gasket kit. You will need and use pretty much all of them eventually and it's cheaper to get them in the kit.

Back