Need Help in Identifying A Part Off My XS650C

YL82

Perpetual Restorationist
Reaction score
Can anyone help me identify this rubber washer/mount?:confused:

Obviously, I also need to know where it needs to be re-installed...

Recently, I was working on the following areas of my bike (1976 XS650C) one of which may be where this part came from. Note: My daughter's out-of-the-picture ex-boyfriend helped me remove some parts including the one below I can't ID.

* Removed Gear Shifter (Shift Pedal)
* Removed Left Foot Rest
* Removed Crankcase Cover
* Disconnected Clutch Cable

Dimensions:

OD: 30 mm
ID: 15 mm
Thickness: 5 mm

Description: Black, Rubber

Thanks!

Attachments

• Unknown_Part_1.jpg
    Unknown_Part_1.jpg
    299.5 KB · Views: 129
  • Unknown_Part_2.jpg
    Unknown_Part_2.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 138
  • Unknown_Part_3.jpg
    Unknown_Part_3.jpg
    299 KB · Views: 130
its a seal. most likely the kickstarter seal. since you have the bike torn down that far, visit mikes xs and replace all of them. its worth it.

It's not a seal, it's solid rubber. Frankly, I don't know what it is. I've never seen a solid rubber ring like that on my bike.

correct, 5twins is right, after a second look i've never seen anything like that fall off my bike either. change your seal anyways.

Thanks all. I had the same thoughts as you, highspeedhamish, an attempt at vibration dampening, etc.

I just could not pinpoint it on any of the parts diagrams I looked through in the areas of the bike where I had recently worked on.

I know one thing for damn sure, if a part comes off my bike, I'll be the one to remove it for now on.

On the top end there are metal washers with rubber bottoms. These are used under the nuts that hold the top end in place on the long shafts running up the entire top end. The rubber piece looks like one of those washers minus the metal washer part. I dont have any handy to measure but I am guessing you would notice if one of the head bolts was missing.

Back