Need input battery relocation

Tyler34t5p6

UWANT12
Reaction score
I received a custom wiring harness done by daddycycles here on this site. His work is top notch and he made it almost idiot proof for an idiot like myself when it comes to wiring.

Here's my question (no such thing as a dumb question) I do not know exactly what these two left over pieces do do me the bike (see picture attached). Or if they need to be mounted in a specific location. And if I need them or not. I'm obviously assuming I do but I have seen a lot a new and crazy things on this site so far.

This was my first attempt at a battery box and not having a welder around this morning on my day off ( sick day cough cough ) :laugh:ha. I made my mind think of an alternative solution.

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to offer me.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    303.1 KB · Views: 297
Here's my question (no such thing as a dumb question) I do not know exactly what these two left over pieces do do me the bike (see picture attached). Or if they need to be mounted in a specific location. And if I need them or not. I'm obviously assuming I do but I have seen a lot a new and crazy things on this site so far.

Hi Tyler,
the grey plastic box sez "reserve lighting unit" right on it and the thing with two metal humps is the safety relay.
I'm not too sure what the reserve lighting unit actually does but I left mine in place rather than find out.
The safety relay is actually two relays.
One opens when it sees power from the alternator so the starter won't work.
T'other closes when it sees power from the alternator and turns the headlight on.
I suppose they can be located anywhere so long as they are wired up correctly.
And yes, you need them.

On the safety relay you only need it if you want to use the e-start. You can install a headlight on/off switch to control the headlight.
The reserve lighting unit turns on the high beam at about 1/2 power when the low beam burns out. This way you can safely get home annd replace the headlight. You don't rrally need this.
Seeing as how you bought a Daddycycle's harness it's probably a simplified harness and has no connections for those items. Sell them on Ebay.
Leo

Back