Need XS650: New Guy from Dallas,Texas

turk

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live about 55 miles S.E. of Dallas Texas, out in the country. I just sold 2 1973 BMW R75/5s and I'm looking to get a XS650 Standard.I'll eventually get 2 standards so my wife and I can ride the backroads.I really love your attitude towards these bikes(tear them down and rebuild like YOU want them!!!!).I'm too old to ride most of them,but,still love the talent and style you put into them.I've got a little shop with A/C and heat,and a spare room let me know if your coming through.I am currently looking for a XS650 Standard (more or less stock)let me know if you know of one.I will travel up to 500 mi for the right one..Al

Is it really 55 miles to Scurry? I'm 4 miles north of Waxahachie out in the cotton patch, and it's 35 miles to Love Field.

Is it really 55 miles to Scurry? I'm 4 miles north of Waxahachie out in the cotton patch, and it's 35 miles to Love Field.

Scurry is my mailing address,I live closer to Kemp about 12 mi outside of Kaufman.

It's 53.2 miles according to Google Maps and 55 miles according to Hyundai.:)...Alan

jd750ace, thanks for the referal.

I might have one, it kind of depends on what you are looking for. So, what are you looking for? A big project, a little project, or a ready-to-ride Standard?

jd750ace, thanks for the referal.

I might have one, it kind of depends on what you are looking for. So, what are you looking for? A big project, a little project, or a ready-to-ride Standard?

I'm looking for a little project or ready to ride for my first time with an XS650,but I am always open to advice!!

What do you have in mind?....Alan

Every one of these is a project to a certain extent, lol. Most didn't get much T.L.C. in the past and could use a good going through. Usually though, if you can get them up and running, you can "ride and wrench" from there, doing all the little upgrades and fixes required over the course of the next few riding seasons.

Every one of these is a project to a certain extent, lol. Most didn't get much T.L.C. in the past and could use a good going through. Usually though, if you can get them up and running, you can "ride and wrench" from there, doing all the little upgrades and fixes required over the course of the next few riding seasons.

What he said. My 78 Standard started out a basket case, but slowly over the last couple of years it has come together. I got it out today and it fired right up. A nice two hour ride in the sunshine around the suburbs of Puget Sound is my reward.

Boy, do I need shocks! :)

Back