New guy from east coast MD

dman

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I've got a 1975 XS650. I've had it for over 6 months and finally decided to get on the forum. This is my daily driver, but we also got a couple 2 strokes, a couple dirt bikes, and an xs400 (all are 1981 and back). I think the PO was trying to go for a mix between a cafe and standard bike (brat bike maybe?). I'll probably end up finishing what he started but for now I'm gonna ride the snot out of it.

I don't know if this is the right section but I'll ask anyway:
Is there anyone on here around Delaware or Maryland (eastern shore)? I'm asking because I'm looking for people to ride with. Southern delaware is close to where I live (like rehoboth, georgetown, etc.) but I wouldn't mind meeting up with people more north if I was riding that way. I think I remember seeing someone was from southern delaware on here but I might have seen it somewhere else.

these are the only pictures I've got of the bike right now

Attachments

• 20131020_103833.jpg
    20131020_103833.jpg
    316.6 KB · Views: 167
  • 20131020_104514.jpg
    20131020_104514.jpg
    317.7 KB · Views: 141
Welcome,

That's a pretty nice original B. Its all there just the taillight has been changed. Your bike but it would be a shame to see it bastardized.

If you do I bag dibs on the exhausts :thumbsup:

Welcome,

That's a pretty nice original B. Its all there just the taillight has been changed. Your bike but it would be a shame to see it bastardized.

:agree:

Don't ruin a beautiful bike!(he says having chopped up his 81!!)

The older ones are gorgeous as they are, especially that colour! Get another one to chop, preferably an 81 or later.

Keep riding the snot out of it!:thumbsup::bike:

I'm not too far from you. Current got a 76 build going on. Yes I'm guilty of butchering one so if you need any original parts I have a stack of them.

Welcome aboard!
Yep, nice B model you have there. I'd venture to say on any given bike night you would have the most looks......probably from nostalgia and the whist-full. A resto-mod would be on order if she were mine. Find a Special to custom and then you'll have the best of both worlds.
First dibs for the tank and seat if you suffer from the foibles of youth! LOL!
Ridgely, Queen Anne, Tuckahoe, Trap Pond....yeah, been there.

Welcome to the site dman.
Click the members tab on the tool bar and a search will give members in your area.
Enjoy your new toy.

Thanks guys. I'm not going to chop it at all. The seat is actually trimmed (stock seat pan) and the dude re covered it himself so I want to get it professionally done, same height and tuck and roll (the seat is the only thing that reminds me of a brat bike). Fix what's broken or on it's way, keeping it mostly stock and do a few little things here and there (bar end mirrors, K&Ns maybe, etc.). I don't think that's too bastardized. A full on restore would be nice if I had another bike to ride at the same time.

jemmd,
Bishopville is pretty close. Send me a PM if you ever want to ride. I'll be riding to OC a lot this summer.

FB71,
I've got relatives across the bridge (DC, northern virginia, southern md). Will probably come down that way too this summer

Back