Neutral Light Stays On! Speedometer Off?

YamahaDave

Live To Ride!
Reaction score
Hellow everyone, This is my first post. I'm posting here, origionally posted this in wrong section.
I just recently purchased my first motorcycle a 1982 Yamaha 650 Maxim.

I Love it but have a couple issues.

#1 The green nuteral light stays on all the time. Makes it tough to know when I'm In Nuteral. Any ideas on how to resolve this problem? Fix?.

#2. The speedometer...If say I'm doing the speed limit 55 MPH it seems likes cars are either going around me or blowing by me. Either everyone else is speeding or my speedometer is off. The bike has the correct size tires.

Any help?

These forums are for the XS650 not the Maxim. Borrow a GPS from someone and check your speed with that to see if/how far you're off. Check for a grounded wire going to the neutral light. Typically the neutral light has power going to one side of the bulb and when the bike is in neutral the switch grounds the wire going to the other side of the bulb. Not sure where the switch is on a Maxim though.

From what I remember about driving in the Metro-Detroit area, if you're weren't going at least 80, you weren't keeping up with the flow of traffic.

Back