New carb holders

mjpchief

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got my new carb holders in from MikesXS last week and installed them this weekend. Have been needing them for a while and finally broke down and ordered them. Service from MikesXS was perfect and parts fit like they were supposed to. Got every thing together and realized that I needed the rubber boots that go between the carbs and airboxes. Got those ordered.

When I got the tank back on and turned on the gas I had gas everywhere. These old eyes ain't what they used to be and I had missed one of the hose connections between the carbs. Got that fixed and started the bike. Old carb holders were originals and the rubber in them had hardened. Bike started and ran better than it had for a while. By the time riding season rolls around I will have the old XSB running like it did 39 yrs ago.

By the way. I bought this bike in the crate and assembled it myself on Sept. 12, 1975. I worked for the dealer at that time.

Hate to burst your bubble....those holders will not last. Chinese recycled condom rubber. They split. Jbm industries makes the good ones.

Posted via Mobile

Hate to burst your bubble....those holders will not last. Chinese recycled condom rubber. They split. Jbm industries makes the good ones.

Posted via Mobile

Posted via Mobile

Posted via Mobile

Back