new exhaust

kevski

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Put a new stainless Delkevic 2 into 1 on last week and on Sunday took it for a sixty mile blast, the ole gurl run lovely and not too noisy also done a plug chop when I got back and the plugs were a good colour. here she is just after we got back home.
WP_20150712_002_zpsrl8jbvon.jpg

Looks great. Can you post a video/ sound clip? Did you have a 2-2 system on it before you put this 2-1 on?

Had a 2-2 open system before and just way too noisy, awaiting on a pma so bike is down at the moment, also I'm away on holiday, but as soon as its running again I will put a video on, the system is available stateside and unsurprisingly cheaper than here.

Can you explain what you did in mounting the headers to the exhaust port? I see that the headers have a different flange configuration than stock, and they come with copper crush gaskets, but they seem to allow for way to much margin for misalignment. How did you get them to fit?

Thanks

The headers come as one piece with the flanges already on them, new crush washers, just put straight on and it's as easy as that.
Bike is completely torn down at present awaiting for me to get my act together.

Thanks for the quick reply.

You didn't have to mess with the mounting any? The copper gaskets they gave me are just smaller than the flange, and the flange is just smaller than the port... Enough that it looks like it wont go together right. It's the strangest header connection I've ever dealt with. Usually those copper washers are large enough that the head pipe will crush them against the inner seat in the port...

It seems like the washers will just be pushed into the head pipe...

Attachments

• 20150908_112442.jpg
    20150908_112442.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 86
  • 20150908_112503.jpg
    20150908_112503.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 83
Mine came with the fibre and alloy crush washers which are more suitable for these headers.

They look too small if I were you I would get the alloy fibre ones, cheap enough on ebay.

This is the stock one, and I found when I mounted the headers using them, it sealed, but the noise was horrible....

Attachments

• mwZXuFSdV5b9LzNubQV5DGA.jpg
    mwZXuFSdV5b9LzNubQV5DGA.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 70
Maybe it's just the difference between the double wall and the single wall headers... But I got lots of noise from the combustion. And I was figuring that the gaskets were just not cutting the noise leak. did you not get that same problem?

That's what I have on mine and fitting was perfect, try not to overtighten as this can give them a bad seal.

Not had this problem at all with this system, on a previous Kawasaki I did but I made top hat inserts for the headers which gave them a larger seating area.

Last edited:
Back