New Frame Design Help

AussieHard

AussieHardTail
Reaction score
To scale or not to scale, that is the question………well it is? I have no f-n idea.

I need some help here if anyone has a side view of a motor to scale in a .DXF or .DWG

I helped a guy out recently and in return he offered to make me a new frame which comes with engineering cert here in australia. Eng Cert is hard to get here with out complex and costly process. Also the reason a lot of bikes, don't get finished and on the road, make it through customs etc.

XS650+Design+Version+IV+.jpg

The sketch below is based on the engine being taken from a drawing the one above is based on a photo overlaid. In both cases I used the wheels as a reference point for scale.
I'm hoping it will end up some place in between……..

Girder+Concept.jpg

I need to get the bloody drawing right, so I can get it made before the guy looses interest. I originally had a much more interesting design but couldn't resolve the complex compound curves I had in the design in autocad. been 6yrs since I touched cad and it's not coming back to me…….guess that is old age creeping in.

HELP!

The bike I'm trying to build is much bigger than stock bikes, it has a harley girder front.
I tend to look squashed up on a standard bike so wanted something a bit more stretched.
There is a fair bit of stretch both front and rear, has a wide rear tyre and still in debate over double or single down tubes.

Back