New game: Which bike brought the most money at auction?

Mailman

Hardly a Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Here are the contenders, try and name the order from most expensive to least……
IMG_5558.jpeg
IMG_5557.jpeg
IMG_5556.jpeg

Here it would be the Norton Hands Down

But I have a suspicion that the small Honda tops

Once looked at the larger Honda 10 years ago or so at low price hole in the muffler " Last owner segment " again
and did the read up -- some of them had Camshaft problems ( if I recall Right ) that was a reason to walk away.
Did not start the haggling even .Even if the seller said it was possible to come down.
1200 -- 1500 $ asking price. If i remember correct..

Besides the cam and poor status on the one I looked at .. they had a fairly good reputation.
I doubt anyone would pay real money for one today

Last edited:
You guys wanna go another round? I’ve got way too much time on my hands! 😆 Ok, clearly you eagle eyes know your bikes and that was too easy. Today….The battle of the Yamahas!
Keep in mind that todays offerings came from the Las Vegas Mecham auction, the big Kahuna! Prices can really soar there. So without further ado, here are your candidates, list them from most expensive to least.

First up a Holy Grail first year DT1 250 Enduro that recently underwent a full restoration.
IMG_5566.jpeg

Second a 1984 RZ350, with low original miles, came from a museum collection and still wears the original tires.
IMG_5565.jpeg

And third, a very nicely done 650 street tracker of unknown providence.
IMG_5568.jpeg

Just a bonus here, this is not part of the challenge ( I was going to add it but it wouldn’t be fair ) this 850 Midnight Special went for stupid money. Care to take a guess?
IMG_5564.jpeg

DT1
RZ350
Shell
XS850

maybe flip the last two:umm:

Like yesterday, I’ll post results at the end of the day. BTW…I have enough material for a Battle of the Yamahas part 2. 😉

It's a crazy world out there..........just cheated and peeked:laugh2:

It's a crazy world out there..........just cheated and peeked:laugh2:

It is crazy, and I don‘t think these auction prices reflect the true value of these bikes. These auctions, especially the Las Vegas Mecham auction bring out a lot of guys with deep pockets, they want what they want and they’re willing to pay for it. Some bikes get caught up in a bidding war.
I‘ll also never understand the mentality that some old chunk of rust Indian ( for example ) that doesn’t run can be worth more than a fully restored rider!
But every once in a while a real gem slips through that just doesn’t bring the bidding and it sells for less than it’s worth! :shrug:

Back