New guy from the Beautiful Black Hills

Smokewagon

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Living on the South Dakota/Wyoming border. Got interested in 650's, and started looking for a winter project. Most of my other hobbies are firearm or archery related.

Welcome to the forum, Smokewagon.

Hope you've got a warm barn, 'cuz there's not much 'tween you and the north pole, 'cept for that bob-wire fence in North Dakota...

Hi smokewagon and welcome,
And while a Texan may reckon that Wyoming has just the odd strand of fencewire to separate it from the North Pole, us folks in Saskatoon reckon you are comfortably south of the warm side of the 49th parallel and the Alaskan list members would post sarcastic comments if their keyboards weren't froze solid.

Welcome aboard. Good group of folks here.
I really enjoy that area you live in.
I`m from N.D (Bismarck) originally but make my home in the great northwest now.
I plan on maybe moving back that way when I retire in a few more years though.

NEWCASTLE??? OK, you are about an hour from me illegally. Do you have access to strippers, cocaine, tannerite, big block chevy's, GTO's and guns? Cuz if you DO, I want to ride over and TAKE IT ALL!!! Welcome to the website, you'll find a TON of good folks here and good deals to boot (not BOOT like Wyoming 'boot', well, you know...)

Hey wagon, there's a '79 xs650 hardtail bobber in Rapid for $1200 OBO on Craigslist... Got some good parts on it, don't know if you're wantin' a stocker or chopper, but the price is right!

A great big warm Az welcome, Smokewagon!

Yes,Madjap, I noticed that one in RC. We get over to Edgemont once in a while, Brent and Karen at the Gun Vault get some of my business now and then. Wife likes to shop at The quilt store.

the only thing keeping me from LIVING in the Vault is my lack of in disposable income!
Oh I yearn for the days when I bought a gun every time I got a paycheck... Ahhhhh... You guys got a gunshop in the castle? I go to the gunshow there or try to every year.

The guy that runs Cambria Supply is starting to stock some guns. Haven't stopped by to see what he has. Newcastle gun show is very good for a town our size. The Friends of NRA banquet is one of the top 25 in the nation.

Some great riding in your area gone through there several times, once or twice on a motorcycle. A couple of years ago we made a run down 85 in the spring. I had never seen the grasslands when they were "green" before. Breathtaking vistas.

Back