New intake boots needed

Thanks 2many, I need to replace my bs 38 intake boots for 34 ones to make way for the Ninja ES500 carby install. Having read a post here on the good and bad of repo boots it was suggested that ones made in Japan were of good quality and could take a bit of ethanol . Most petrol stations over still have fuel without ethanol, but the bootleggers are moving in and more petrol stations are selling fuel with moonshine in it. Anyway the seller i mentioned is selling made in Japan intake boots at a reasonable price and good postage rates to this side of the globe .

I have purchased them from him. The quality seems good but I have not had them long enough to to test long term use. It's to cold here to ride. tim

I used JBM's boots and diaphragms on my last XS, but it looks like his prices have gone up since then.

At the time (a few years ago) they were the only ones that actually guaranteed compatibility with ethanol, is that still the case?

Has anyone bought intake boots from this ebay seller says they are made in Japan .

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-80-8...rcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2edc17dd4b
I have bought many boots from that seller. They are OEM, from the same manufacturer who made the original equipment boots. OEM boots are readily available for cheap from many sources. I have bough JBM boots, and the OEM ones are a whole lot better for several reasons.
In my experience, they are completely ethanol compatible.
The gaskets that come with them are very thin which I don't like, but they are free -- I wait until I have two pairs and I double them up.

I have bought many boots from that seller. They are OEM, from the same manufacturer who made the original equipment boots. OEM boots are readily available for cheap from many sources. I have bough JBM boots, and the OEM ones are a whole lot better for several reasons.
In my experience, they are completely ethanol compatible.
The gaskets that come with them are very thin which I don't like, but they are free -- I wait until I have two pairs and I double them up.

I thought oem boots were no longer being made... this is great!

I have read the thread about JBM intake boots i can appreciate the effort that went into making them,but by the time they reach the shores over here the cost is just that little to much. Thanks Dogbunny for the info i will be ordering a pair, apparently they are made by ARS.

I see that the seller states that these boots has an 42 mm ID, and fit BS34, as well as VM 34, VM 36 and VM 38 carbs.

I do not know the details of these carbs, BUT VM34, as well as TM 34 and RS34 all have a 40 mm neck. That is a very sloppy fit, and I'm not sure it is possible to get a 100% seal.
Sudco in the US, and Allens Performance in the UK have intake boots for these carbs. These boots are straight, not angled like the OEM ones, so will not work with the RS34 carbs, as they are linked, unless you have an early engine or head, with non-angled intake flanges.

The seller has a separate listing for the VM 38 carbs different part # .
Anyway i have ordered a pair, I'll find out how good a fit they are when the boots arrive, I might have to use a little Sikaflex .

Finally received the intake boots I'm pleasantly surprised with the quality they are a nice snug fit on the EX500 Ninja carbs, unfortunately i don't have any original carbs to try them on. I guess the big test will be when i have the bike on the road.

Back