new to forum with pics

chopitdropit

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hey xs'ers. Just a shout out and a couple pics of my present projects. An xs650 bobber and a cb750 chopper:

Please note..I just modded and mounted the gas tank on the xs650...IT STILL NEEDS PAINT...lol

Attachments

• xs650 001.jpg
    xs650 001.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 165
  • xs650 002.jpg
    xs650 002.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 140
  • xs650 003.jpg
    xs650 003.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 170
  • THE BEAST 010.jpg
    THE BEAST 010.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 197
  • THE BEAST 013.jpg
    THE BEAST 013.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 149
Welcome, brother. Nice, nice scoots. That Ceebee is fine.

You'll find a lot of comments about tech, and attendance varies. It's not a huge community, but some of the most knowledgeable folks about the xs hang out here.

Chopit- Welcome. That is a cool frame on the CB. Is it a Savior frame. It looks like it might be stretched.
Cool bikes.

I like the Cb chop! Pretty sweet. I have a cafe cb750 thats pretty much done. Which is why I ended up with a truck full of mismatch XS! But MI winters can be pretty fuckin long & cold, so it should keep me busy.

Chopit- Welcome. That is a cool frame on the CB. Is it a Savior frame. It looks like it might be stretched.
Cool bikes.

Hey Georelle...your close. It's an All Souls Frame. I've only seen one other like it. The differences are that the back axle runs on tabs behind the springs instead of through them and so the springs aren't exposed. Also it is a goosenet frame so with that little wassa tank and no seat yet it looks pretty stretched...:D Talkin about a stretch..I stuffed a harley 5.5 with a 180/60-16 in the rear. Now I find myself having to build a jackshaft:doh::laugh:

Thanks all for the welcomes...looks like a cool forum. BTW...spotted somebody here that I know....Trex..

I like the Cb chop! Pretty sweet. I have a cafe cb750 thats pretty much done. Which is why I ended up with a truck full of mismatch XS! But MI winters can be pretty fuckin long & cold, so it should keep me busy.

HAHA! Yeah I'm amassing a pretty good pile of mismatch myself...I'll weld it all together one day and maks a bike art planter for the missus.:laughing:

Teebs...Thanks for the welcome bro!

Guess I better hurry up and paint the tank to quell the controversy, eh kent?:D

..or I could just ad a C and make it a CHARLEY DAVIDSON :laughing:

Oh...Harley did throw out some singles back in the day.

Yes, the first few years were singles. Any of the dirt bikes that wore the name weren't made by Harley. They were devloping an inline four for a few years but thought it looked to Japanese, so it got thrashed.

Made some changes....cleaned up wiring, swapped out to a peanut tank, repainted rear fender, sissy bar, repainted frame after prepping bad spots/gussets w/ body filler. Carbs are off..waiting for parts. And have to change the color of my skull and bones on my seat and set it up at cleaner location. Anyway......

Attachments

• xs650 006.jpg
    xs650 006.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 97
  • xs650 007.jpg
    xs650 007.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 105

You and I are in the same boat...i get the feeling its gonna be a loooong winter

Yes, the first few years were singles. Any of the dirt bikes that wore the name weren't made by Harley. They were devloping an inline four for a few years but thought it looked to Japanese, so it got thrashed.

And the mighty Topper had an Italian heart (if it could be called that :)

Harley did actually produce their own 2stroke in the early 70's for their 400cc snowmobile!

Back