New to forums and new to street bikes.

ldc2002

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hello I got my bike on the 8th and just wanted to say hi. Only have the one picture right now ill have to get some more of it. Already had some trouble with it but using information on this site was able to troubleshoot most of it. Fried the ignition wiring on day one :doh: rewired that then almost did it again after some reading determined I need to replace the old fuse box with some inline fuses. Found the right side carburetor had slipped out and was only running with one cylinder, two skinned knuckles later got that fixed.

Hoping this can be a daily summer driver for work.

Previous owner said this bike is a 1979 XS650-SF still not sure what that means exactly. Using the VIN charts I can see either its a special or it may not, Engine number falls in the 2F0-150101 so what is the code in the other column (where can I find it on the bike?) Its either 2F0 or the 2M0 but not sure where that is.

Mostly just wanted to say Hi and thank you for all the information I have read through so far.

Oh and as I said this is my first street bike my other bike I have had for 2 years is an 83 XT200 with a 250 engine upgrade that I use to prowl around on the local trails. Been a dirt bike person most of my life until now.

Attachments

• 1979 XS650SF.jpg
    1979 XS650SF.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 169
Back