new to the forum... looking for some help.

choppedliving

XS650 Member
Reaction score
hello my name is matt and live in phoenix arizona. I am wondering if anyone knows of any metric swap meets, and or a good place to find a xs? I have had no real luck in tracking down a good project bike. any help anyone could throw my way would be much appreciated. thanks again. this forum is really helping me out, and everyone has been giving some great advice.

matt

matt, i just moved to the pheonix area as well before i took on my project. i went down to "bobs motorcycle salvage" its off 16th and university over by the spring training facility ( sun devils staduim i believe?). they have alot of yamahamers there, i found my motor in pretty good shape, and there are whole bikes.. some arent too pretty and more than likely dont run but if its a good long project youre after, thats where i would start. best of luck.

-tyler

+1 on Bob's for parts anyway. 1325 East Elwood Street Phoenix, AZ 85040.

Quite a few XS650s in the 'Yamaha section' as they call it the last time I was there, but you'll be hard pressed to piece a full bike together. Most of the ones I saw, and you have to dig for them, were pretty well stripped. I see an XS pop up on craigslist every once in a while, but it's usually chopped already. Depends on what you're looking for. Welcome to the forum.

Back