new to the site

cooldudebrah

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
just got an 82 xs been lurking the site for while now. gonna hardtail and trying to run a kick only the motor started up with a jump start from my car(battery was shot). Theres no points under the silver cap theres nothing there.. I was just wondering what i need (electrically) to get this going with just a kick. i need a head light blinkers and tail light/break light to work also. thanks

thanks, so what do i need to wire it up first(kick only) so i can mess with the motor a little bit more

Last edited:
thanks, so what do i need to wire it up first(kick only) so i can mess with the motor a little bit more

It's probably still got the TCI so you just to need to get power to the coil and TCI box, then connect the pick-up to the TCI box. Look at the lower right part of this diagram. If you want to also get the charging system working, see the lower left part of this diagram.

xs650.jpg

I like this diagram. It has the basics + several options.An 80 and up bike has the TCI ignition. Nothing under either chrome cover on the head. The 79 and earlier had points under the left cover and an timing advamcer under the right.

Attachments

• 314w9s3.jpg
    314w9s3.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 121
yep thats me ha, thanks for the replies. think i have a general idea now for a kick start battery less set up.

Back