New toy! Diversion 180

Ironsled77

XS650 GRAND HACK
Reaction score
Got it yesterday...good old craigslist. 500 dollars in extra accessories including full bottle for a steal :laugh: I almost felt like I should have given the guy more....didn't get a chance to use it yet, its been a long week.

Posted via Mobile

Attachments

• 2011-08-04_18-14-14_607.jpg
    2011-08-04_18-14-14_607.jpg
    304 KB · Views: 206
It is brand new! The guy had a sweet garage full machine shop type. He was gonna start making harley parts wit a" partner" and the guy backed out after they bought a cnc plasma table and the diverson. Long story short wife made him sell the stuff.:doh:full bottle of gas (not a rented bottle either) 4 tubes of rod...steel, stainless and aluminum and 2 full packs of tungsten. 1300:yikes:

Posted via Mobile

Hahaha that is 5 months straight of checking craigslist daily waiting for one to come up I had a 165 on the line for 8000 but the guy sold it on me it was 2 hours away and he didn't want to wait I'm glad he didn't. This 1 was 10 minutes from my house and I got a way better deal! Probly won't be able to use it till sunday I have to get ready for rocker box tomorrow after work.

Posted via Mobile

Well the hard work paid off.. :thumbsup: You mean 800 on the 165 don't you?

I wonder what he's asking for the cnc plasma table? Not that I need it but you might be able to flip it if he's giving stuff away.

Ahhh I was using talk text...was suppose to be ...a 1000 and I didn't proof read like always and it came out as 8000. He paid 11,000 for the table and sold it for 7,000 when I was there. I did how ever talk him in to selling me his lathe and tooling for a steal but I need to sell some stuff first!

Posted via Mobile

Hooked her up last night...got to lay A bead ....Nothing impressive need some more pratice but at least I know it works.

You lucky bastard. I never seem to find a deal like these. Congrats. Any details on the lathe?

Last edited:
It is a 36 inch atlas thread cutting lathe. I was more impressed with the massive collection of tooling and holders that come with it. This guy takes care of his stuff. I have a south bend model c I will need to sell first.

Played with it a little more. Getting better. Still trying to control my heat the get a uniform weld throughout. No row of dimes yet!

Posted via Mobile

Attachments

• 2011-08-09_16-37-05_602.jpg
    2011-08-09_16-37-05_602.jpg
    301.3 KB · Views: 143
Ironsled77...nice find. Wish I could find a deal like that, been looking for a while. Welds looking good keep practicing.

Back