new toy

FLEA

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
ok dont know if this was a good idea but spludged out and bought a old lathe , era about late 1930s to early 40s but in good cond and a 3 ft bed with a reasonable amount of tooling ,thought with the amount of projects both xs650 and douglas would be worth the au$1000 i paid and was only 20 kls away for pick up ...... pick up was easy as he had a overhead gantry so just a matter of backing the trailer in ....got it home and there it sat in the trailer for 2 weeks while hummimg and harring as to how was going to get it unloaded and to the back of the shed ( impulse buy , went around there to buy some helicoil kits ).. bloody thing must weigh over a ton , spent a day moving bikes etc out of the way thinking put the trailer under apex of my moden tin 6x6 shed , run tie downs across to stop the shed from bulging and then with trailer in place put a couple of supports ea side of the trailer to take some of the weight , and no real idea about moving it the last 3 mts to back of the shed except free beer and a few mates , down the pub the night before local shop owner comes up and says why dont u just borrow my fork lift .... ya .. turned a 3-4-5 hr job into 45 mins with no real effort and no damage to the shed ... problem is now i have to learn how to use it as havnt used one since school but definitly will have to learn as not shifting the bloody thing again

Back