new uk member

TooTall

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hi all

just joined as I am about to embark on finding and customising an xs650 after years of buying off the shelf bikes.

I'm uk based so if there are other uk members on here please introduce yourselves :)

Also hoping to see if there are dedicated meets in the uk at all? Be good to view other peoples bikes and get chatting about designs and fabrication etc

cheers :):thumbsup:

Hey Tootall! Welcome! I hope you not too tall, these bikes are small for us above 6 foot! Still great to have though!

I'm from the UK as well, near London, check out this site: http://www.customxs650.com/index.php

More uK based forum, great guys there but not as busy as here! I belong and check both daily!

Get some pics up when you finally find your bike! Any ideas on what you going to do? Restore, runner, cafe, chopper or brat?

Don't all laugh but i'm actually 6'7"

Even with a nice ergonomically designed frame/forward controls etc do people think i'm barking up the wrong tree so to speak?

I'd hate to invest in the wrong bike before i've even started. I was drawn to the xs for a few reasons - the engine, the availability of parts, the look cool as fk when chopped right, relative low cost in comparison to other makes etc

I saw a 6'4 lad riding a bobbed xs once and he didn't look too out of place on it...but i guess 3" could make all the difference (or so my mrs keeps telling me lol :D)

Yellowdog - where in NE lics are you? Would love to see what your up to with yours and perhaps see first hand close up if i am indeed looking at the wrong bike to chop for me...:bike:

Hi TooTall
why are all the UK owners 't'up north '?:D

There was an interesting thread recently about 6'7" + riders :wink2:

Check out customxs650.com a UK forum where there is at least one 6'7" member.

Look forward to seeing what you bought. :thumbsup:

Might want to read through Paul's build thread which recently won Best in Show
http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22603

Cheers peanut - I have close friends in somerton and pilton so if i ever get this build up and running i'll give you a shout if i come down to your neck of the woods

hey be sure to look in when you're down next !:thumbsup:

Somerton is just 10 miles up the road.

There is a big Japfest at Haynes Motor Museum at Sparkford 15th September if you can make it .

Don't all laugh but i'm actually 6'7"

Even with a nice ergonomically designed frame/forward controls etc do people think i'm barking up the wrong tree so to speak?

I'd hate to invest in the wrong bike before i've even started. I was drawn to the xs for a few reasons - the engine, the availability of parts, the look cool as fk when chopped right, relative low cost in comparison to other makes etc

I saw a 6'4 lad riding a bobbed xs once and he didn't look too out of place on it...but i guess 3" could make all the difference (or so my mrs keeps telling me lol :D)

Yellowdog - where in NE lics are you? Would love to see what your up to with yours and perhaps see first hand close up if i am indeed looking at the wrong bike to chop for me...:bike:

Not the wrong chop, if you build it right, it will be fine!:bike::thumbsup:

Maybe look at giving it a couple of inches stretch, depending on what you want to do of course. I am contemplating on extending my rear swing arm a tad to make up for my height! Will see how it goes...

Maybe look at giving it a couple of inches stretch, depending on what you want to do of course. I am contemplating on extending my rear swing arm a tad to make up for my height! Will see how it goes...

yep comfort is everything on a bike......:thumbsup:

I'm thinking of stretching mine so I can lie down whilst I ride lol :bike::laugh::laugh::D:bike:

Hi ,
I am in sunny Grimsby probably not to far from you over the bridge,you are most welcome to pop over any time.
Before I got this Xs I had a 2007 Bonneville and I can tell that the Xs is a fair bit smaller but then I am only 5'9".
The reason were are all up north is that there is nothing else to do !

That's great thanks for the offer Yellowdog

I've seen american manufacturers (TC Bros I think) that make a weld on hardtail with a 4" stretch - anyone know if there i an equivilant company in the uk that would supply a quality product?

Just joined the Forum I'm in Northampton UK.TooTall you need to buy Jota they're a big old beast a lot of riders I've met are big blokes well over 6 foot I'm just about to sell my Jota to a 6'5" bloke.I'm looking to buy an XS 650 and build a flat tracker

Back