Ninja EX500 carbs on an XS650?

On the set I have the diaphragm measures 2.680 across and the groove is .079. Both of these are inch measurements.
Leo

Ill try and convert that to mm and let you guys know if the jbms will fit. don't know if you guys really carebut I like to know if they're replacement parts before I buy something

Dreamer, As per a note on JBM's site the k-67 diaphragms fit the vn750 which use the exact same slides as the ex500 and many others as noted on partzilla.com parts fiche. So in theory the JBM k-67 diaphragms should work on the CVK34's from the EX500 although NEW OEM SLIDES ASSEMBLIES are still available if you are just worried about replacement parts.

The diaphragms on these carbs are high quality. I doubt they will need replacing anytime soon. Looked on Ebay today supply of carbs are dwindling from when I bought mine. He who hesitates is lost. :thumbsup:

Mine seems to measure between 1/4 and 5/16. I haven't tried yet but with a bit of persuasion a 1/4 line should fit.
Leo

Rainey day out in the garage. Switched to the needles on the 750. Took out the JJJ and installed the GJH at clip 5 as per mrriggs. Discovered that I had the JJJ set on clip 2. I now recall since mrriggs was leaning out the needles I would drop the JJJ. Not shore if he tried that before he switched. The bike ran great no complaints. Hard to tell but no load throttle seemed a little crisper. Hope to test drive it tomorrow will report back.

Float needles ordered from jetsrus. $6.99 each, plus $7.79 flat rate shipping. I bought two just in case. My local shop wanted $30 each, which seemed about average. Bike bandit wanted $36 each.

Incidentally there's a great cross reference index of carb parts for these cvk keihins on another site I found. I'll post the link tomorrow from my computer.

Going back to the JJJ needles. The GJH seemed too lean for the 750

scrabber try this by mrs riggs, youll have more adjustment instead of maxing out at the #5

Quote; "An alternative to the GJH needle would be the GFH. It has the same taper and diameter but is 3Â-1/2 steps shorter (richer). The GFH on clip #1 is the same as the GJH on clip #4 with a shim."

on another note, can any tell me what the OD is where the carbs mounts to the spigot? wanna see if the holders i have now will work.

Back