For Sale - Not Mine: 1975 xs650 DC/Baltimore area $650

bbillington

blorp a dorp dorp
Reaction score
http://westmd.craigslist.org/mcy/2550431199.html

I got a few pics from the seller and uploaded one to my flickr

I figured somebody here might want to jump on it... I'm tempted, but have too many projects going right now and I'd rather be riding

6053314510_7899b79f38_b.jpg

If it was 20 min from me it would be gone by now. Lucky bastards, that would be worth up to $1500 over here. You would get your money back stripping it

If it was 20 min from me it would be gone by now. Lucky bastards, that would be worth up to $1500 over here. You would get your money back stripping it

If I had the scratch I would. Picked up a 76 in same condition with a parts bike and three seats last year for 250 though!!

Craig

If I was closed enough...........

I purchased this bike! I saw it, had to have it.. he took $400 cash and its in a hundred peices in my shop right now.. stripping it for my David Bird straight leg as I type

And another standard bites the dust.....Damnit! I have 3 specials I paid more for than that and I can't find standards around here to save my ass. And people are still chopping them up as if they're still pumping them out of the factory. I would trade anybody one of my specials plus cash in a heartbeat for a standard they were gonna chop up anyway......

Yea, and this coming from a guy who's main hobby is chopping bikes, lol. I'd chop any special without batting an eye, but I just can't see wasting a standard when you'll never know what it started out as in the finished product.

it's a 36 year old jap bike! not like they were limited in numbers.. they pumped these things out like slinkies.. for the masses and for the cheap. i would think twice if it were a boat tail harley fx from the early 70's..... nah, i would still cut the hell out of it

20-25 years ago, guys thought the specials were the cooler looking bike, so the standards got picked off in huge numbers. Not to mention the quantity of them that died of natural causes. It IS a 36 year old bike after all. It is very hard to find a decent standard. I'll admit, the one you bought is close to the line between chop or restore as far as bought condition is concerned. If you were looking for a nice standard, I'd bet you'd be looking for a long time. I find and buy nice specials all the time for cheap. The standards are getting rarer and rarer all the time.......just sayin'. I'm not trying to preach at you, just venting that I'm bummed I can't get my hands on a standard for anything close to that price around here.

Yea, and this coming from a guy who's main hobby is chopping bikes, lol. I'd chop any special without batting an eye, but I just can't see wasting a standard when you'll never know what it started out as in the finished product.

Yeah, some people have no respect (or clue). Bet you're missing your nice green '78E right about now...

Back