Nutrition health and Weight loss

One never knows how much time we have on this earth so you might be quite correct..I havent any intention of losing that much weight..but i might want to lose a 450# motorbike...

I have had great success at regaining my health..too bad my health and knowledge of XS650s is so poor...I do not know if i will keep the bike..because it isnt meeting my expectations..In a year's time i may be dust on this forum...I dont dare mention this in the main body of the forum ,,as i will prolly get reamed for it..but i am very discouraged with the XS650....

very sorry to hear this Max .. you'll not get any negative comments from us I can assure you. The only reason most of us are here is to help other owners if we can by sharing our experience and knowledge with each other and for the camaraderie. There are a few members that think themselves superior to everybody else and seem to delight in spreading discord and controversy and upsetting others , unfortunately we meet them in every walk of life every day . They have no empathy or compassion and care nothing for others and theirs must be a very lonely, isolated and unhappy existence .:(

About your bike ;) if you do not feel comfortable discussing any issues you have with your XS then why not PM a few members and ask if they can help. I can think of a dozen other members who have a wealth of experience and knowledge and would be only to happy to help you . You can pm me anytime you know that ..........If I can't offer any practical help you'll always have my support if nothing else. Remember the adage 'a problem shared is a problem halved' or is it a problem passed on lol:laugh2:

Thankyou Peanut..I really do appreciaate your kind words of wisdom...When I first joined up
..i had no idea of who was who or what was what...But it has become clear to me over tome who is knowledeable and friendly enough to want to help..I must say the the majority here are friendly..supportive and willing to help..Every forum has someone that has their nose up in the air..so to say...
I will conssider PMing those whom I feel I can trust..but mind you I know i am in way over my head..i cant hold a candle to the expertise here..
This thread is one of the very few places ...where I know what I am talking about because I am living it everyday..I feel comfortable more here than anywhere else on the forum..
On a more related issue to this topic..my weigh in this a.m. I am 138 lbs..just 9 lbs shy of what I weighed when i was in my 20s' in college..over 40 yrs ago..That is nothing short of amazing to me...today i fit into a size small t shirt that i have not worn since 1982..Yes its that old ...

Last edited:
Thankyou Peanut..I really do appreciaate your kind words of wisdom...When I first joined up
..i had no idea of who was who or what was what...But it has become clear to me over tome who is knowledeable and friendly enough to want to help..I must say the the majority here are friendly..supportive and willing to help..Every forum has someone that has their nose up in the air..so to say...
I will consider PMing those whom I feel I can trust..but mind you I know i am in way over my head..i cant hold a candle to the expertise here..
This thread is one of the very few places ...where I know what I am talking about because I am living it everyday..I feel comfortable more here than anywhere else on the forum..
On a more related issue to this topic..my weigh in this a.m. I am 138 lbs..just 9 lbs shy of what I weighed when i was in my 20s' in college..over 40 yrs ago..That is nothing short of amazing to me...today i fit into a size small t shirt that i have not worn since 1982..Yes its that old ...

your weight loss is nothing short of phenominal max . i just cannot get my head around it. I would love to know how much you eat every day because no matter how little I eat I have not been able to reduce my weight more than 30 lbs in 30 years of trying. I still eat the same quantities as I used to 20 years ago when I was a lot more active than I am now. Its tough for me to break the cycle of comfort eating too.
When I left school I was lean and fit but still weighed a hefty 175 lbs because I was a sprint swimmer and field athlete . To get back there I would need to lose a further 45 lbs !

Don't worry too much about knowledge and experience max ...it will come. Just enjoy your XS650 . Just fettling and tinkering can be very rewarding even if you are unable to ride it. You are welcome to PM me with the issues you have with your bike and I'll see if I can offer any help or at least point you in the right direction to get some good advice.
best regards Johnny

your weight loss is nothing short of phenominal max . i just cannot get my head around it. I would love to know how much you eat every day because no matter how little I eat I have not been able to reduce my weight more than 30 lbs in 30 years of trying. I still eat the same quantities as I used to 20 years ago when I was a lot more active than I am now. Its tough for me to break the cycle of comfort eating too.
When I left school I was lean and fit but still weighed a hefty 175 lbs because I was a sprint swimmer and field athlete . To get back there I would need to lose a further 45 lbs !

Don't worry too much about knowledge and experience max ...it will come. Just enjoy your XS650 . Just fettling and tinkering can be very rewarding even if you are unable to ride it. You are welcome to PM me with the issues you have with your bike and I'll see if I can offer any help or at least point you in the right direction to get some good advice.
best regards Johnny
My normal diet is...
Breakfast- 2 egg omlette 2 to 3 strips of bacon and a load of cheddar cheese grated into it. 1 or 2 cups of coffee with Stevia and real Half and half + 6 carbs totalt and its all in the coffee
Lunch- 1 can of Yellowfin Tuna in Olive oil and with Garlic in it..Starkist brand..mixed with maoynaise and eaten without bread..sometimes i will add celery to it as well..The whole can is only 270 calories and 0 carbs
Dinner- is either Chicken..Fish or Burgers ..pan fried or grilled..a side of fresh veggies and a side of mashed potatoes...Prolly about 6 carbs (in the mashed potatoes)
My portion size is small. i never overeat..hard to quantify the portion size though.
I am a small person physically..@ 5'9" and now @ 138#...In college I was a runner..I ran 10 miles per day..I had less than 1% of my total weigh in body fat..I was literally a lean mean running machine..I could hit homeostatsis while running..a stse of balance while douing a considerable amount of physical work...To have you heart..lungs and skeletel-muscular system all working together was an amazing feeling and I was quite addicted to the running..I could do a "concious meditation" where i could separate my mind from the physical enough that i could do the workload with minimal difficulty. i was still fully aware of what i was doing as well...I would do this outdoors as i could meditate to the scenery in southern Arizona...

Last edited:
thats a very detailed reply max thank you. I'm sure that your meal plan will be very helpful to other viewers who would like to lose weight but are unsure how to go about it and not be hungry all the time. Your typical meal plan and weight loss is proof that we do not need to go without food or be hungry all the time in order to be healthy and lose excess weight.

I have to say your diet is delicious you are even making sure that you get plenty of Omega 3 and fish oil . My partner uses half and half and i do occasionally put a little on porridge oats but I only eat those a couple of times a month as a change . I always use Stevia too when I occasionally bake an almond cake.

I know what you mean about that incredible feeling you get when you are strong healthy and fit ...the endorphins really give you an amazing high . I reached that through a different route to you and mine came from enormous strength ,explosive power and short events that required high energy over short distances and timespans as my muscle is primarily fast twitch. Saying that I used to occasionally cycle 60-120 miles in a day .

There is no better feeling in the World than to feel the power of a healthy body functioning to its max potential . I am convinced my health and fitness peak came at a fairly late age, when at 32 I quit physical work in the construction industry and embarked on 7 years of college and university .(sitting on my ass.) ..

When I get a moment I'll post a typical days meals so that we can give others some low carb high fat & protein keto meal ideas for variety and to show you don't have to be hungry to lose weight and reverse chronic illness

FWIW I cook very simple meals..i do not do recipes..I dont have a significant other so i have to do all my own cooking ..typical bachelor that i am..i loath complicted recipes...LOL

FWIW I cook very simple meals..i do not do recipes..I dont have a significant other so i have to do all my own cooking ..typical bachelor that i am..i loath complicted recipes...LOL

I'm the same.. my partner and I share cooking but our meals are very simple traditional meals with real food and little or no carbs. I'll often cook a quiche with shop bought frozen short crust pastry ,bacon, mushrooms and cheese for myself as its quick to prepare easy to cook and very very filling. Otherwise I'll usually have a burger with broccali and cheese sauce and some field mushrooms ...10-15 minutes prepare and cook time and I can be sitting in my armchair catching up on Brexit news eating a delicious filling dinner. ;)

My partner lives with her Mother 4 days caring and back home for the next 4 days so half the time I can cook something really simple and quick .A lot of men don't cook either because they are too lazy or because they think it requires skill experience and precise recipes it doesn't .... A cheese and mushroom omelette only takes 5 minutes to cook and couldn't be simpler.

Chuck 3x eggs in a jug with a couple of tablespoons of milk and some rock salt and pepper to taste and whisk briefly with a fork.

Heat a little butter in a large frying pan and cook some sliced mushrooms, decant into a bowl and set aside.

Pour the egg mix from the jug into the hot frying pan .
Turn the gas down low to around 175 degrees and place a plate or cover over the frying pan to keep the heat in . When the top of the omelette is completely cooked add grated cheese, tomatoes, cooked mushrooms , spinach whatever you fancy .
Fold half the omelette over and heat for a further 2-3 minutes until cheese has melted.

It really is that simple to cook a great omelette... I reckon 10 minutes tops from start to finish.:)

I have had great success at regaining my health..too bad my health and knowledge of XS650s is so poor...I do not know if i will keep the bike..because it isnt meeting my expectations..In a year's time i may be dust on this forum...I dont dare mention this in the main body of the forum ,,as i will prolly get reamed for it..but i am very discouraged with the XS650....

Hi max,seems to me that your XS650 also has a health problem and any reaming you get here
will be for not taking your bike's problems to the Garage section to get it a proper diagnosis, eh?

Yep..I even have a special omlette pan that is hinged in the middle so you can cook both sides add the ingredients ..bacon and cheese to one side then close the 2 halves together and cook alternating from one side to the other.. 3 or 4 mins..and the omlette comes out thick and fluffy..takes about 20 mins in my pan...breakfast is my favorite meal...i get to eat bacon..i love it..LOL

Last edited:
Hi max,seems to me that your XS650 also has a health problem and any reaming you get here
will be for not taking your bike's problems to the Garage section to get it a proper diagnosis, eh?
Not quite Fred...Bike is fine..but i cannot really do anything until i finish paying it off...basically right now itts tires and the rear brake..the 40 year old suspension is not getting upgraded anytime soon...aside from that i am not a mechanic..simple things like oil and tires..i can do..its just the more complicated things i cannot do and have not a good mindset to do...

Yep..I even have a special omlette pan that is hinged in the middle so you can cook both sides add the ingredients ..bacon and cheese to one side then close the 2 halves together and cook alternating from one side to the other.. 3 or 4 mins..and the omlette comes out thick and fluffy..takes about 20 mins in my pan...breakfast is my favorite meal...i get to eat bacon..i love it..LOL

Nmmmmm, bacon!
It's not just for breakfast, eh?
I'm using 2 flippers in a non-stick frypan to fill'n'fold omelettes, got a link to that folding pan?
And the bike? Park it until next spring, I reckon.

Last edited:

hey Fred lets at least keep this thread friendly can wel;)

Sounds like you guys have got the omelettes sorted. I've never seen a folding pan sounds like something that should be widely available

my partner has just informed me that we already have one :confused:
i'll have to rake it out and give it a try but I kinda like doing the way I am as it is so easy to fold if its cooked slowly and thoroughly

Mind you I dont always use it...only part of the time..normally I use a 10" fry pan or skillet... I cover the pan and lower the heat when i add the cheddar cheese I dont use any thing but a fork and my fingers to pull one side over to fold it once the cheese has melted.....then I just slide it out of the pan onto the plate without using a spatula...

Mind you I dont always use it...only part of the time..normally I use a 10" fry pan or skillet... I cover the pan and lower the heat when i add the cheddar cheese I dont use any thing but a fork and my fingers to pull one side over to fold it once the cheese has melted.....then I just slide it out of the pan onto the plate without using a spatula...

Hi max,
I've always beaten shredded cheddar and a dollop of sour cream into the eggs then cooked the omelet all in one go
but WTF, cooking ain't science, it's an art form. And yeah, add bacon on the side, eh?

I love poached eggs, use a Nordic Ware egg poacher, only 1 minute in the microwave...

NordicWareEggPoacher.jpg

I love poached eggs, use a Nordic Ware egg poacher, only 1 minute in the microwave...

View attachment 152069
oh..nice,,gotta try one...
Decided today I am going off the keto diet plan...Just want to eat some carbs in the form of a bagel or having a lunch with tuna sandwiches...and a Scallops and pasta dinner with tomato sauce...not too bad..
I'm where I want to be and then some...gone way beyond my original goals...So this is a point where i can get off the bus... We wont let it get out of hand and I will be paying attention to my carb intake and my weight..My Dr. is gonna flip her lid when she sees me in 3 weeks...

Last edited:
Back